• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 DGLO

Agreed. Smart play by Simon given his situation, but they will need to drop zone all OB next year.
If you look at the stats on this hole last year, it worked well for both FPO and MPO for birdie rate and scoring spread. If everyone goes to DZ if OB off the tee, the hole simply becomes a putting contest for par from the DZ especially for a good portion of the FPO field. I think a better move is to go back to 2022 setup.

If you look at the stats on this hole last year, it worked well for both FPO and MPO for birdie rate and scoring spread. If everyone goes to DZ if OB off the tee, the hole simply becomes a putting contest for par from the DZ especially for a good portion of the FPO field. I think a better move is to go back to 2022 setup.
Fair point. I'll have to go back and watch last year DGLO to refresh on the prior design.

Sounds like Luke Humphries' socials will be the place to go to find out why Luke is mad at Heinold.

Now I just gotta figure out what his socials are... Does UDisc have that....?

I'm too lazy to look but I assume that is with no OB? Would be much better that way.

I like the idea of simply staking an OB line roughly 3 meters into the woods directly behind this hole so if they do go OB, they're still marking in the schule for their putt. If they just barely land in the schule, they still have a more challenging putt but no penalty. This setup allows players to realistically attack the basket which I think spectators want to see and just have a constrained putt if they go just a bit long.

I like the idea of simply staking an OB line roughly 3 meters into the woods directly behind this hole so if they do go OB, they're still marking in the schule for their putt. If they just barely land in the schule, they still have a more challenging putt but no penalty. This setup allows players to realistically attack the basket which I think spectators want to see and just have a constrained putt if they go just a bit long.

On that hole, I think no OB would be more penalizing than having OB directly behind the basket.

Simon would have been in a world of hurt if he had to take that shot from where it landed, and this would have been a deterrent to him throwing that shot.

On that hole, I think no OB would be more penalizing than having OB directly behind the basket.

Simon would have been in a world of hurt if he had to take that shot from where it landed, and this would have been a deterrent to him throwing that shot.
My suggestion was for a designer bent on having some OB areas on that hole. I agree Simon would have had a tougher throw from where he landed but still likely to get a 3. And, with my suggestion in place, he likely wouldn't have thrown that route.

Interesting how the announcers seemed to skip over next week's silver series event and went straight to talking about the World's in Vermont. I see a handful touring players are signed up for next week. I wonder how many will drop and go straight to Vermont to practice for worlds. There doesn't seem much to gain by playing a Silver series event, leaving only one or 2 days to practice for one of biggest events of the year.

Interesting how the announcers seemed to skip over next week's silver series event and went straight to talking about the World's in Vermont. I see a handful touring players are signed up for next week. I wonder how many will drop and go straight to Vermont to practice for worlds. There doesn't seem much to gain by playing a Silver series event, leaving only one or 2 days to practice for one of biggest events of the year.
Good opportunity for players on the bubble to earn points or at least some cash on the way to Worlds.

And the local club has done a TON of work to lenghten, groom and improve what has been a very good amateur level course. I get it that's it's Silver, and Worlds is right behind. But the non-New England Northeast gets bypassed every year.

Sounds like Luke Humphries' socials will be the place to go to find out why Luke is mad at Heinold.

Now I just gotta figure out what his socials are... Does UDisc have that....?

What went down there? On the live stream Luke appeared to make his tee time when he was announced and landed in bounds. He scored a 7 on that first hole (par +4). Not sure what happened there.

Aww you're adorable. I didn't know it wasn't capable of spectating the pros after my round ended 🤣

It's always about you, isn't it, lolol.

I mean I do pay $12.99 a month just to see you on coverage.

Perhaps you could have been more specific on why on earth we would be watching for you on coverage when Calvin was nailing 2 eagles from long range. geez.

Latest posts