• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 DGPT Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open (pres. by Prodigy)

Looks like this event provides good drama for FPO and MPO.

You left out Salonen's putting...
Guess Evaliina's putting didn't bite her today. Shot the hot round for FPO and climbed 9 spots for a top 5 Finnish.

Henna seemed to be doing pretty well, and made some highlights the first two rounds, but I guess she really struggled today.

As for Kristin, in the pre event presser, she mentioned how focused she was during Master's Cup, and how much she wanted it after last year, and that she felt a bit drained coming out of that event.

That said, Kat's heart out on her sleeve, post round celebration was fun to watch. Pretty sure this is her first DGPT win. If you didn't catch her backstory, it's worth a watching the first few minutes of Jomez's FPO R1F9 coverage, just for that.

Re MPO: I was hoping for another playoff.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is her first DGPT win.

I think it is. I've seen a few interviews (even as recent as last week on The Upshot) where she states she's really focussed on getting that first win. Glad she's made it. I was getting a little worried as she was struggling off the tee the last few holes.

Should Eagle be criticized for trying the hero shot on 18? I think so.

I would say no. Both he and Calvin played aggressively throughout the round. If Calvin had missed the putt on hole 16 and gone OB, we would be having a different conversation today.

Eagle blew his chance at Jonesboro, Williams a few weeks back.

It's a wonder these guys are even pros.

We need to open up a new feature called the DGCR virtual caddie. When these players have a tough lie or a difficult decision, they can call on the top tier internet virtual caddies for advice.

It will be emergency code 888. Virtual caddies will get a hindsight ranking for each hole/throw that they critique after the fact.

She should have laid up there.
Should have thrown a (slower/faster) disc off the tee.
Can't believe he didn't go for it on 18?!?!