• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Pro Worlds - Smuggler's Notch

...And it nice to see a Finnish player that can putt (was that mean?) ;) . . .if Henna or Eveliina could have Silvas putt, then look out KT

Henna 18missed putts- -Silva 5. . .and they have the same score. . Silva has 10 C2 putts made

Does Handley have a better chance to catch Gannon or Gannon the chance to catch Tattar at this point? Both scoring differences are currently 7 going into hole 9. Or said another way, will Gannon's total score be closer to Tattar or Handley at the end?

That OB from Handley will cost her, and Eveliina is on her back. . . Feels like Missy must start to take huge risks and she had to make every one, a OB from Missy now and its all over

Kind of feel bad for Silver Lätt, his teetime is in 40min so he have to leave Kristen with just o few holes to play

...And it nice to see a Finnish player that can putt (was that mean?) ;) . . .if Henna or Eveliina could have Silvas putt, then look out KT
Been that way for a while. I hate to be harsh, and I realize it's not quite as bad as it was a year or two ago, but...

The fact that both Salonen and Blomroos finish near the top so frequently, despite some truly atrocious putting, speaks volumes as to how very strong they are from tee to green.

I realize they're both young, but they've been playing more than long enough to realize that if they simply improved their C1 putting to the point where they were "middle of the pack," they'd be on lead cards all the time.

It baffles me how they miss so many putts that putzes like me make with regularity.

When you consider how FPO pots have blown up over the past several years, the strokes they've bled on the green have cost each of them a pretty penny. I wouldn't doubt that it's also kept Innova from offering either of them a more lucrative contract.

I'd really love to see what each of them is capable of when they stop giving strokes away in the circle.

/rant

That OB from Handley will cost her, and Eveliina is on her back. . . Feels like Missy must start to take huge risks and she had to make every one, a OB from Missy now and its all over.
That double OB on #18 yesterday erased all the great work she did catching Kristin, and really put her behind the 8-ball with five strokes to make up and only one round to go. IMO, she really had no choice but to come out aggressively today.

I dont know Silvas story, but her putting is GREAT . . and she seams to be un sponsored. . .Silva . Ali and Macie and Lykke is the big !! this Wolds

Why is the Pro World's more prestige of a win than the Tour Championship? It seems to me the tour championship is the culmination of your performance throughout the year; not just a single event.

Been that way for a while. I hate to be harsh, and I realize it's not quite as bad as it was a year or two ago, but...

The fact that both Salonen and Blomroos finish near the top so frequently, despite some truly atrocious putting, speaks volumes as to how very strong they are from tee to green.

I realize they're both young, but they've been playing more than long enough to realize that if they simply improved their C1 putting to the point where they were "middle of the pack," they'd be on lead cards all the time.

It baffles me how they miss so many putts that putzes like me make with regularity.

When you consider how FPO pots have blown up over the past several years, the strokes they've bled on the green have cost each of them a pretty penny. I wouldn't doubt that it's also kept Innova from offering either of them a more lucrative contract.

I'd really love to see what each of them is capable of when they stop giving strokes away in the circle.

/rant
Innova should send them each a massive box of every putter in their line up (besides the ones they currently use) this offseason with a nice note that says "start over from scratch".

Both of them can do things off the tee that are unreal, but they have got to figure out the putting.

Why is the Pro World's more prestige of a win than the Tour Championship? It seems to me the tour championship is the culmination of your performance throughout the year; not just a single event.
It´s like that in many sports. . "World Champion" just has a nice ring to it

Innova should send them each a massive box of every putter in their line up (besides the ones they currently use) this offseason with a nice note that says "start over from scratch".

Both of them can do things off the tee that are unreal, but they have got to figure out the putting.
I dont get why they often putt with a HUGE hyzer, , sometimes up to 45° on release. . just why?
Just try to straddle and putt flat like KT..something new, cant hurt to try

Are they close to tee one? Silver is STILL on KT bag and his teetime is soon

Blomroos is the very best backhand thrower of the disc in FPO. There is no comparison. Shot shapes, variety, touch… she has it all right up to the green, where I might even beat her in a putting contest.
Henna and Eveliina both manage the fairways & tee shots as well as Kristen Tattar. Minimizing OB via accurate shots and sticking the green at a high rate. I think they both would benefit from having someone teach them different styles of putting with more spin and straddle vs staggered. They both could learn a lot from Hailey King and Ohn Scoggins vs. Jennifer Allen's (Innova FPO captain) mentorship.

Maybe try out a few other putters from Innova's lineup than the deep BB AviarX or Firefly/P2 - kinda remember seeing Henna with some Classic Aviars this year so maybe she already switched it up? I think Rhynos are underrated as a training putter for getting the thumb placement and spin/power level needed which can be translated well to other putter molds (and its good for windy day putting into headwinds).
Haven't seen a lot of Silva's throws from the tee & fairway but her putting stats make me think of Missy Gannon and Ohn Scoggins where she isn't getting to the GIR at an above average clip but is able to convert a majority of those putts (high C1x putting & birdie rate). Still young and figuring out how to manage the courses to minimize OBs. She has continued her high level of play since getting back to Europe from a short US trip for Champions Cup and a few DGPTs this year - her rating has jumped from 918 to 942 this year with more rounds counted than ever. 970s average for 5 rounds at worlds.

Last edited:
Interesting how the top 10 players has o huge jump in score to 11th place. . . .big diff between the top 10 and the rest- - AND the top 2 and the rest- -
we have two players WAY ahead,. . then the next 8 players close together. . and then the rest.
Many suprices in the top 10. . and many Way down the leaderboard

Kind of feel bad for Silver Lätt, his teetime is in 40min so he have to leave Kristen with just o few holes to play

Why feel bad? He has a job to do also and he has a solid chance to make some $$.

Sure it would be nice for them to celebrate together, but I suspect there is time for that after they both finish their rounds.

Last edited:

Latest posts