• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Pro World's - Will FPO Happen?

denny ritner

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
What are the odds that a last minute lawsuit is filed? How will the PDGA respond?

If they have any foresight at all they will have something figured out shortly. They are undoubtedly aware of the issue. Since the Elite policy is clearly illegal in Vermont I would imagine it will involve moving FPO elsewhere. I honestly can't figure for the life of me why DGPT/PDGA pushed this policy knowing full well it was illegal any number of places. What did they expect to occur?

If they have any foresight at all they will have something figured out shortly. They are undoubtedly aware of the issue. Since the Elite policy is clearly illegal in Vermont I would imagine it will involve moving FPO elsewhere. I honestly can't figure for the life of me why DGPT/PDGA pushed this policy knowing full well it was illegal any number of places. What did they expect to occur?

At a guess? They expected:

A) Natalie to vanish from FPO for Elite Series / Major events in the same manner Chloe did.
B) If A did not occur and she decided to pursue legal action, she would be deterred by how complicated it is.
C) If B did not deter her, she would be unable to afford legal representation
D) If C did not deter her, she would have pushed the issue in an area sympathetic to the DGPT's position, and lost, strengthening their own position.
E) That she wouldn't want to remain in a division where potentially half or more of her own competitors (and many of their MPO counterparts) actively didn't want her there.

And finally -

F) That they genuinely felt that IF they ended up in court, their policy, along with the IOC's directive for each sport to determine its eligibility, would be enough to prevent anything negative from happening and a single case would end the opposition.

Which is to say, they didn't really think it through, and didn't realize how flimsy the policy they enacted truly was once it was held up to the scrutiny of entities more discerning than its own player population.

Latest posts