• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Reviewer of the Year

I got one more up yesterday to get to 150.

It was going to bug me to be sitting at 149 because I'm weird like that 😁

Depending on numerous factors, mainly weather, I may be able to get a couple more this year.

The weather on Friday didn't cooperate, so I had to cancel the Key Largo/Homestead run. I may not get there this year now. I have finished my Lehigh Valley reviews, so that leaves me with three more to write: Mayflower Hills, Harmon Hills, and West Delray-Main. Left on the docket this year is potentially Key Largo/Homestead (may also consider Homestead/Earhart) and maybe a new Tortoise Run/Naples day. That should put me at 30, and given the time of year, I think that should crack the top 25.

30 should for sure land you in the top 25 and possibly also get you into the cubic zirconia club. Looking forward to reading the harmon hills and mayflower review.

30 reviews has either tied for 25th or gotten a revioewer comfortably into the top 25 every year but 2009, so you should be good to go.

^ Can confirm ;)

50 in a year is outstanding, and 150 is ridiculously impressive. I tip my cap to you gents!
Thanks! It's my personal best by about 14, new job with a lot of travel has helped boost that number. Would have been more like 20 otherwise!

Man, I'm about hit 50 probably today but 150 would be nuts for one year. Very impressive.

150 is just dumb honestly. I had never flown before this year so I didn't take my laptop on my Charlotte trip or it'd have been more for sure though. Kinda pissed I didn't review any of the 3 IDGC courses, especially W.R. Jackson. Then there were a few others on that trip I didn't do either, notably Hornet's Nest.

I missed out on reviewing Northwood Black too which annoys me. I'm pretty quick at writing up a review normally, but sometimes I just want to relax after a long day or days of bagging. Northwood Black beat me up and took my lunch money, so I was hungry and tired that day. ;)

Can confirm ;)

You know me well.

GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Reviewer Of The Year - One Month To Go

Here's where we stand on December 1st with our top 25, along with the following 25 as well:

1. wolfhaley - 150
2. PastorofMuppets - 108
3. sillybizz - 100
4. Johnsondere - 83
5. HyooMac - 77
6. EspressoPatronum - 74
7. DFrah - 71
8. Pizza God - 64
9. aclay - 61
10. wellsbranch250 - 55
11. Moose33 - 50
12. DiscGolfCraig - 47
13. Surge5 - 42
14. Cerealman - 39
15. knobby325 - 33
16. Ryal - 32
17. dndelli - 31
18. Pevio - 29
19. adlacro - 27
T20. mndiscg - 26
T20. sisyphus - 26
T22. ivanhenson - 23
T22. The Red Death 30 - 23
T24. DiscinOhio - 22
T24. Shadrach3 - 22
-----------------------------------
T26. Mike C - 21
T26. Naenae - 21
28. lukedpt - 19
29. DumbfriesLizzie - 17
T30. Nate32 - 15
T30. PieMethod - 15
T30. Upshawt1979 - 15
T33. bobmcnelly - 14
T33. Pierparknut - 14
T35. jasonc - 13
T35. LLmanu10 - 13
T37. DeanMoriarty - 12
T37. Monocacy - 12
T37. pmay5 - 12
T40. Baysinger - 11
T40. Chained Evil - 11
T40. Luckj - 11
T40. magictenor1 - 11
44. enragedmullet - 10
T45. Bennybennybenny - 9
T45. Sharknado2 - 9
T45. Switters213 - 9
T45. Ultimatediscman - 9
T49. acrosley - 8
T49. Crooow - 8
T49. Jukeshoe - 8
T49. sgamerp - 8
T49. thrembo - 8
T49. Tyler V - 8

It now takes 55 reviews so far to crack our top 10, something that's only happened previously in 2009 and 2010. This could be the first year since 2009 where 60 reviews is required to land a top 10 spot on the Reviewer of the Year list.

We have had some reviewers making some larger contributions lately. Pizza God has been rocketing up the ranks with each month, and could end up in 4th or even chasing a podium if he manages to write at the pace he previously said he wanted to.

Sisyphus has also snuck into our top 25 recently, firmly joining the race for the 20 to 25 spots to round out our 23 list.

There are plenty of folks still within striking distance of the top 25, and without knowing everyone's plans for this final month, it'll be interesting to see who ends up where. We have plenty of reviewers just on the outside looking in for what would be their first appearance on a Reviewer of the Year list, including Naenae, PieMethod, Pierparknut, jasonc, and LLmanu10. Upshawt1979 is also currently 7 reviews behind the pace to make this year's list to become just the 3rd person to appear on 10 Reviewer of the Year lists.

Here's the TR status breakdown of our current top 25 as it stands:
Diamond: 8
CZ (Gold): 12
CZ (Silver): 1 - Only 11 to go, Rodney!
Gold: 2
Bronze: 2

Again, thank you to wellsbranch250 for the great idea of looking into our Reviewers of the Year. I'm already looking forward to 2024 when we'll be able to track immediately from January 1st to get a more complete picture of our site's reviewers, not just the top 25 but all the way down to those who drop one or two. For now though, let's see who manages to make the 2023 list!

I'm driving to Dallas (from Idaho!) the day after Christmas, should be there by the 28th with a few stops in NM. I can't decide if I want a few more this year or to wait until the 1st to start reviewing so I can get another 100 next year. I digress, love this thread, thanks for doing all of this. No idea where you are getting this data but much appreciated!

Man, I'm going to try and bag a few more this year but I only have one more work trip scheduled. Maybe I'll try and sneak down to south Atlanta and bag a few at the end of the year.
Do it! I don't think you'll regret playing the courses south of the perimeter!

I'm driving to Dallas (from Idaho!) the day after Christmas, should be there by the 28th with a few stops in NM. I can't decide if I want a few more this year or to wait until the 1st to start reviewing so I can get another 100 next year. I digress, love this thread, thanks for doing all of this. No idea where you are getting this data but much appreciated!
I looked though the reviews of each reviewer on the site earlier in the year before I had a tiny human and the we had the old site where the member search parameters made things much easier. From there, it's just a matter of keeping up with reviews as they are written, which the new site actually makes pretty easy since we have access to the last 200 reviews written instead of just reviews written in the last 3 days. wells has been great with keeping up with it as well.

The current site makes it hard to search for members without already knowing their name, but between the old TR spreadsheet, kp_1024's spreadsheet he shared at somepoint on this thread, and my spreadsheet of reviews by year, we actually should be able to have a mostly complete reviewer spreadsheet, and a near-if-not-complete TR spreadsheet if someone decides to maintain it. I'm interested, we'll see how much time I end up having to do so (don't tell my work, because that time isn't while at home).

I looked though the reviews of each reviewer on the site earlier in the year before I had a tiny human and the we had the old site where the member search parameters made things much easier. From there, it's just a matter of keeping up with reviews as they are written, which the new site actually makes pretty easy since we have access to the last 200 reviews written instead of just reviews written in the last 3 days. wells has been great with keeping up with it as well.

The current site makes it hard to search for members without already knowing their name, but between the old TR spreadsheet, kp_1024's spreadsheet he shared at somepoint on this thread, and my spreadsheet of reviews by year, we actually should be able to have a mostly complete reviewer spreadsheet, and a near-if-not-complete TR spreadsheet if someone decides to maintain it. I'm interested, we'll see how much time I end up having to do so (don't tell my work, because that time isn't while at home).

Writing reviews is pretty easy for me at this point, and I enjoy doing it. Compiling these lists would be the opposite for me. I always appreciate the thorough updates and look forward to seeing how 2024's ROTY shapes up.

And it was a blast getting to throw with you this year too. (y) (y) (y)

Writing reviews is pretty easy for me at this point, and I enjoy doing it. Compiling these lists would be the opposite for me. I always appreciate the thorough updates and look forward to seeing how 2024's ROTY shapes up.

And it was a blast getting to throw with you this year too. (y) (y) (y)
Blush Stop It GIF by MOODMAN

Likewise! Give a shout next time you come to the area!

I had been knocking off new courses at a good pace for a few months. Unfortunately my torn meniscus (or at least that's what the doctor thinks is wrong with it) flared up at the start of November, and have only played two rounds since. Managed to at least bag a new course, and started writing a review for it in case it is ever added to DGCR. Hopefully I will get back out there more regularly soon.

I had been knocking off new courses at a good pace for a few months. Unfortunately my torn meniscus (or at least that's what the doctor thinks is wrong with it) flared up at the start of November, and have only played two rounds since. Managed to at least bag a new course, and started writing a review for it in case it is ever added to DGCR. Hopefully I will get back out there more regularly soon.
If it's not on DGCR, why not add it yourself? Is it private and the owner doesn't want it here?

Latest posts