• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 Reviewer of the Year

If it's not on DGCR, why not add it yourself? Is it private and the owner doesn't want it here?
Exactly what I was thinking. I always ask private courses if I can add them to DGCR, most say yes. The only one that said no was The Ranch near Austin. Not sure why, but they didn't want me to add it yet they are on UDisc.

I have all the pictures I took when I played it.

Oh, I also could not list a private school course, but then it's not public on UDisc either. I only found out about it because my sister was teaching there. I got to play with the guy who installed it and my sister. Cool thing, they installed it with the help of EDGE.

If it's not on DGCR, why not add it yourself? Is it private and the owner doesn't want it here?
The course listing on uDisc felt a little weird to me, it is at a public school but was listed simultaneously as Restricted (with set hours the course is open for play) and Unavailable. I'd plan on checking to see if it is okay to list first, just noticed an email on the uDisc, so I guess I will reach out.

The course listing on uDisc felt a little weird to me, it is at a public school but was listed simultaneously as Restricted (with set hours the course is open for play) and Unavailable. I'd plan on checking to see if it is okay to list first, just noticed an email on the uDisc, so I guess I will reach out.
If it was "unlisted" as in you can't find it by looking at the map on UDisc, it's not a public course for sure. There is a way to do this on DGCR, I think you put the cords at 0,0. I know of a couple of private courses that are listed that way. You have to contact the owner for permission to play those courses.

The school course I played my sister work at is listed on UDisc, but hidden from the map. I did not list it on DGCR, it's listed in my profile under "courses not on DGCR" which are mostly old extinct or temp courses used for events.

Oh yea, PoliPoli in Hawaii is listed that way, if you know the current name of the course, you can find it on UDisc, it's listed as "Extinct" on DGCR but I can tell you that as of last year, it is still in the ground and has not been pulled. I don't know exactly why, but some of the locals DON'T want tourists out there although I felt welcomed by the guys I ran into when playing it.

3 weeks left. Will Pizza God go for 100? That may seem like a tall order, being over 1 review a day. However, he does have 13 reviews in the first 10 days of December.

1. wolfhaley - 150 reviews
2. Pastorofmuppets - 108 reviews
3. sillybizz – 100 reviews
4. Johnsondere - 83 reviews
5. HyooMac - 78 reviews
5. EspresssoPatronum - 78 reviews
7. Pizza God - 77 reviews
7. DFrah - 71 reviews
9. aclay - 65 reviews
10. wellsbranch250 - 56 reviews
11. Moose33 - 50 reviews
12. discgolfcraig - 49 reviews
13. Surge5 - 42 reviews
14. Cerealman - 39 reviews
15. Sisyphus - 34 reviews
16. Knobby325 - 33 reviews
16. Ryal - 33 reviews
18. dndelli - 31 reviews
19. Pevio - 29 reviews
20. adlacro - 28 reviews
21. mndiscg - 27 reviews
22. Naenae - 25 reviews
23. Shadrach - 23 reviews
23. ivanhenson - 23 reviews
23. The Red Death - 23 reviews

Here's where 2023 stands in the all time list of years for the Top 25 Reviewers lists:

1. 2009 - 1646
2. 2010 - 1431
3. 2023 - 1353

A podium is assured with 2023 being only the 3rd year to break 1,300 reviews among the top 25. The only question is can whether this year can break into 2nd place.

Here's where 2023 stands in the all time list of years for the Top 25 Reviewers lists:

1. 2009 - 1646
2. 2010 - 1431
3. 2023 - 1353

A podium is assured with 2023 being only the 3rd year to break 1,300 reviews among the top 25. The only question is can whether this year can break into 2nd place.
Just added a review on a course that I didn't know if I was going to review. It's in rough shape and may not exist much longer. Did it to help out the numbers for Team 2023!

Oh man, let me hit #1700 this week and hit 300 courses played this year. I lost ;my inside guy this weekend so I am back to working my butt off and no free time to chill out.

My rule is if it's on Udisc, it's fair game for DGCR. I've never actually been to one of the secret courses, and I only know of one in my area. That's a whole 'nother plane of disc golf.

Can't wait to see the end results, this has been lots of fun! I am starting 2024 out strong with a road trip/vacation that will probably result in 50+ courses/reviews in the first two weeks of January. I'm hoping to keep the number one spot wire to wire in 2024 but I know Wolf is always on the prowl for more courses so we'll see. Perhaps a mystery reviewer will come in and take the top of the podium? Can't wait to find out! Look forward to meeting more of you this year!

I would love to see if I can keep my pace from the second half of this year up for a full year, but that depends a lot on where work takes me.

I've never cracked 50 in a year before and sitting on like 53 with one to write isn't so bad.

My goal for 2024 is 100 new courses and to replay a few that I haven't played recently enough to give a credible review on. Planning trips to Charlotte, Kansas City, and St Louis with the guys which should get me quite a ways towards my goal.

It's been fun to look back at past years' top reviewers and to keep track of everyone's review counts over the year. I love that wellsbranch thought of this idea, and I'm excited that 2024 will give a chance to do this again from January 1st, allowing us to track all reviews of a given year.

I likely won't be challenging for a spot on 2024's list, but it'll be fun to see who all makes a run!

It's been fun to look back at past years' top reviewers and to keep track of everyone's review counts over the year. I love that wellsbranch thought of this idea, and I'm excited that 2024 will give a chance to do this again from January 1st, allowing us to track all reviews of a given year.

I likely won't be challenging for a spot on 2024's list, but it'll be fun to see who all makes a run!

I agree. Shout out to wellsbranch for the idea. It'll be cool to see a full year's worth, and all on the new site to. I won't get anywhere close next year. I'm thinking IN, KY and IL in April. Then Oregon in June probably. Obviously the DGCR meet up whenever that is, but should be able to grab some more Minny (just for playrecords ;) ) courses on that one. The fall trip is still up in the air. Depending on big of a lead silly gets out to I may just have to visit Idaho Falls and SLC and have him guide us around all those courses he's played already.

Thinking Think GIF by Adam Lambert

I won't get anywhere close next year. I'm thinking IN, KY and IL in April. Then Oregon in June probably. Obviously the DGCR meet up whenever that is, but should be able to grab some more Minny (just for playrecords ;) ) courses on that one. The fall trip is still up in the air. Depending on big of a lead silly gets out to I may just have to visit Idaho Falls and SLC and have him guide us around all those courses he's played already.

Thinking Think GIF by Adam Lambert

First of all, nice Adam Lambert gif...

I'm currently at 75 rounds played, 27 bagged, and super stoked about it until I see your 150 reviews. That's the stuff of legends!

My goal for 2024 is to surpass 150 rounds, but given that I also want to keep playing as much as I can with my son, I can't see bagging more than 50, and that only if I make a DG specific bagging trip.