• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 US Distance Championships

Just in case you missed it. Was fun to hear Kenny talking about the Jarvis brothers' efficiency somewhere near the middle.

I played with Marc Jarvis once back in the late 90's when the big Vegas event was still the Halloween Classic- sooooo far with sooooo little apparent effort. Our first hole was roughly 500 feet uphill with a ton of OB, he was last to tee. The rest of us laid up then he takes like 2 little steps and parks the thing.

oh this must be crazy old too, despite 1 day ago posting, cause eagle was throwing right handed and DM.

Im convinced that huge mirrored glasses are the secret sauce to big distance.

Not too many money shots here as the camera is mostly focused on the flight which is nice for a competition but not so nice for analysing the swings. I would have like to see more slomo footage of Eliezras bombs.

Not too many money shots here as the camera is mostly focused on the flight which is nice for a competition but not so nice for analysing the swings. I would have like to see more slomo footage of Eliezras bombs.

Eliezra says she doesn't practice, and hasn't ever looked into throwing form. Wish I started playing as a kid.

If I get time I was going to go through and scrape out the best angles on the best throws.

One thing I like to learn from when watching the big guns is that there is still a lot of room for small to moderate motion inefficiencies that occur at max distance, but as long as the "macro" move is intact they can get a high MPH yeet.

Koling got out to 610???? no fking way.

Double G gets 483??? wow.
Good for the tall guy. Late 30s and still eating some boom sauce. Slinging that thang ~75mph if the readings are accurate.

I wondered recently if GG is losing a half step. The few radar readings suggest he's maybe lost a couple mph. There's a lot of demand on springy athleticism in his move so it may start getting harder for him entering his mid 30s going for big distance. He still can clear 483' by a significant margin for sure, so maybe just an off day.

oh this must be crazy old too, despite 1 day ago posting, cause eagle was throwing right handed and DM.
It was USDGC 2023.

Time for a wardrobe update.

eb886f05a14994ab647715db2ea20abd.jpg

Slinging that thang ~75mph if the readings are accurate.

I'm waiting for the new chrono to come in, Going to test it with disc golf discs.

So, standard chrono's you shoot though 2 fixed points, the simple circuit then basically says "okay, it passed by in this speed which tables to 1500fps"

This chrono uses radar to measure the speed over time.

I should have access very soon to this as well, because ... well. Sponsors.

Daft Punk Applause GIF by Complex

I have all the slomo footage (including hover drone) but Jomez didn't want to include it. I will post in some form soon.

If I get time I was going to go through and scrape out the best angles on the best throws.

One thing I like to learn from when watching the big guns is that there is still a lot of room for small to moderate motion inefficiencies that occur at max distance, but as long as the "macro" move is intact they can get a high MPH yeet.
I have all the slomo and will put them together soon.

including all shots made the video 2 hours plus and watching discs nose dive OB took too much time. I tried my best to get less announcer more players but it went on deaf ears.

Big Jerm in private. super cool guy.
Big Jerm in public with others around. One of the most annoying people to listen to.

If that dude was able to actually just act like he does in a more private setting but use that publicly. He'd be probably one of the coolest disc golfers out there behind Barsby. Good god I cannot stand Jerms public showcase mask he puts on, makes me cringe.
And then Uli makes me cringe too.

So, yeah, I dont' wanna hear them whatever they were whatevering.

Some commentary of course, to keep some background filler noise.

But disc golf commentary needs to really really really listen up to how they do PGA golf and Baseball. Especially PGA Live. This constant need to talk thing isn't important.
But I should be able to casually watch and know whats going on at the same time without looking at the screen.

I'm waiting for the new chrono to come in, Going to test it with disc golf discs.

So, standard chrono's you shoot though 2 fixed points, the simple circuit then basically says "okay, it passed by in this speed which tables to 1500fps"

This chrono uses radar to measure the speed over time.

I should have access very soon to this as well, because ... well. Sponsors.

That looks intriguing. I couldn't tell what it triggered on, the description of audio triggering was cryptic. I hope you don't have to say bang when you throw. Nice that it doesn't need perfect lighting (fluorescents screw up some models) and that you can't accidentally shoot it. (Yeah I have, just wounded though)