• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

28th Mid-America Open, July 7-8

VictorB

* Ace Member *
Memorial Day and the unofficial start of summer has passed us by, and that means the Mid-America Open is right around the corner!

July 7-8 with doubles on the 6th!

3 courses - Albert Oakland Front and Back 18, plus Indian Hills

Saturday Night players party! Beer and BBQ Pulled Pork! Lots of side games if you want, like mini golf, ring of fire, CTP contest for a basket, etc...always a great time and the best part of the weekend.

Registration form lists all of the divisions offered and prices. (LADIES PAY HALF PRICE BUT ARE AWARDED SAME PAYOUTS AS EQUIVALENT FULL PRICE DIVISIONS, AS ALWAYS!!!)

Pool assignments will be determined very soon. Probably going to look very similar to the previous couple of years, but I'll post back when they are up. Look forward to seeing lots of new people and old friends in town again this year!

This is one of my favorite tournaments of the year! Can wait to compete with some great competition on some good courses. I will be there for sure.

MAO

BVictor, I posted this under tournaments as well, Keep me updated with info. I run league at Blue Springs and spread word of MAO once a week.

This would be a great stop for anyone headed out to Charlotte the next weekend for worlds! Indian Hills provides a a really good technical challenge with tight fairways and the like that are pretty prevalent out in North Carolina (from what I hear, at least) Every group gets to play it once, and the Adv pool gets it twice this year, as rfdiscer32 mentioned.

That is super cool that Advanced plays Indian Hills twice. BVictor, Is their going to be Mini golf this year?

As far as I know, all the regular events for the players party are back!

Yay!

Mid America only 2 weeks out, Victor you playing advanced this year. And yes the hills twice will be sweet.

Mid America only 2 weeks out, Victor you playing advanced this year. And yes the hills twice will be sweet.

Yeah I'll be in advanced this year. Last time I played 2 years ago, when I was on top of my game, I still wasn't consistent enough to cash in open.

I was sort of hoping my rating would have gone down enough that I could have played intermediate :D It almost did, but I'm just barely above the cutoff now!

Bump!

About a week left before the festivities start! Come join us for a great event in Columbia!

The party unofficially gets started on Thursday evening with BYOP (bring your own partner) doubles at League out at Oakland.

Then Friday is the official Mid America Open doubles tournament. If the format follows years past, it will be best shot on the back, and alternate shot on the top. Always really competitive, and lots of fun!

Saturday is the main event...if you've been to Columbia before you know how much fun we have during this tournament, and especially Saturday night at the players party! New Belgium is sponsoring again this year (thanks Travis Flett!!!), so good beer and good food after a long day will be a great time no doubt.

Hope to see you out there!

Latest posts