• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2nd Annual Okthrowberfest DGCR Dyers' Contest

Well two nights of cutting for the outline alone. Man this dye better look good or I will be PO'd!

I want to personally thank moon for the hours of time I have spent working on the stencil for this one... With over 8 hours into the art and another 8 probably going into it to get the detail corrected. So thanks moon for the add work to my schedule....

Hay no problem. On a side note I haven't even started. No idea of what I'm going to dye or what I'm going to dye it on .

I did this a couple years ago. Wish I still had it because it would seem to fit with the whole Halloween theme. I could always dye it again if people like it enough lol. Took forever to weed out haha.

l_44d224e049c14622a68d57856afafb85.jpg

Excellent dye:thmbup: I don't think anybody has ever seen this one before you should have used it as your entry. To bad so sad. Sooooo now off to the dye of the day with you.:doh:

I said that the pink disc looks like a Discmania freak, I think most people will not recognize it as a custom dye.

It is the PD freak image. That's like dying a Roc on a buzzz disc. It is a copyrighted image from a competing disc manufacturer. Basically you made a bootleg PD Freak, I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:
First dye is done and will be sent in tonight. I'm starting my second design right now. It's a lot of drawing to get it all right. It MIGHT be done by the due date... *redface*

just want to say as a silent creep that watches most of the dye posts, that i would like to vote. Please don't limit it to dyers/administrators or something like that. I follow the dye a day, future dyes, etc. pretty regularly. i am an American citizen too!:) let me vote!
P.S. I speak english!

The public will be getting a vote, that much is for sure.

Here is my hole dealio on having judges. They're only a part of the hole decision the general population still gets to participate. Plus there's nothing from stopping me or anyone from starting 100 new accounts and swaying the vote in there advantage. You might as well post there names on them because it won't matter anyways.

I'm not too concerned about some schmuch starting a ton of accounts, I actually don't even think it's possible with the controls timg has built in. Could it happen? sure. But on a site this size for the sake of one disc in a friendly competition? I doubt it.

I have 3 submissions thus far, with the promise of one more today. Let's keep em rolling in, guys! They're looking good!

I spent about 2 hours last night trying to fix my image I want to use, and it's not even close to done. No joke, it would have been easier hand cut it. Too bad I suck at it.

Going into hour number 2, I started grumbling to myself about how hand cutter think it's cheating to use a plotter, even though I am going assume that no one is going to spend more time than me on creating a stencil, and I doubt it is going to the best.

My point? plotters require just as much work, if not more, than hand cutting unless the image is really simple. And they do not help at all with multi color dyes.

once you get the plotters setup you can duplicate dyes WAY easier than you can by handcutting. that being said, i think if you're doing just one copy of the dye, it's just as hard to plot as it is to hand cut. i spent about a total of an hour and 15 minutes cutting out my design, and for those of you who have seen it, it's pretty detailed to get it done that fast.

also, when you plot them, you still have to do the weeding, and that part sucks the most. i may harbor some hatred for you plotter guys, but that's only because i don't have one yet :(

Latest posts