• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] 300 Series PA3

Zagonage

I've been putting with the 350G PA3 since they came out in May & it was love at 1st putt. It's no secret that while 350G plastics has a great feel to it, it's not the most durable. So with that I've been anxiously waiting the release of the PA3 in the production series 300 plastic, but the wait is over. I ordered two peach 300 PA3s and immediately noticed a few differences. 1st is that the concave top isn't as pronounced, but I see this as a good thing. The lack of dip in the putter gives it a smidge more stability which only helps make an already deadly putter that much more accurate. 2nd is the feel, its still got that velvety stiffness, but not as stiff as the 350G. The disc doesn't show much damage from routine putting either, unlike my SE 350G PA3 that I ordered at the same time as the peach ones. All-in-all: the 300 PA3 has become my primary putter for everything inside the circle, SE 350G PA3 is for jump putts & the original US Masters 350G PA3s are for upshots & short drives up to 350'.

I just put together a post about this as well. I love the SE Pa3 mostly for the look, i have some grays that look like the cross section of a tree trunk... its sweet. BUT it gouges and dinges pretty bad....i love the stiffness and still grip, but i WISH they just ran the SE Putters with the same plastic as the other SE putter....just doesnt make sense to me. I still like them, but man to they ding. I am not investing in any 300's yet. But I can see the Pa3 being my putter. I still dig the SE Pa1's and I have 4 of them. But for longer putts the Pa3 has better straightness and glide.
So, whatever, Ill stick with them for now....maybe they will be smart and release some sweet looking Pa3 in 300. Or I can get some gray x-outs and just acetone off the stock stamps. Whatever. But i agree with you here

looking forward to trying it in 300 plastic mainly because its softer than 350.

Latest posts