• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

32nd Annual Kansas City Wide Open - June 20-22

Timko

* Ace Member *
Kansas City will once again be hosting a National Tour event for the 2014 season.

http://www.kcwideopen.com/

I'm only responsible for the layout of Swope Gold this year, but I can try to answer any questions you have.

I hope to see you all in Kansas City! This is always a fantastic tournament with world class courses and great people.

The Pros will be playing one round a day. Wyco, Blue Valley and Swope Gold.

Other divisions will play a different schedule with rounds at one or two of the above courses and another at either Rosedale or Waterworks. It depends on which division/pool you sign up for.

NT and A tier - No Rosedale
1 day B tier - Rosdale

Everyone will play Swope Gold. That's the only course in all the rotations. It's been fun trying to gear Gold down enough to allow fair play for an 850 rated player while still challenging the 1030+ rated player. I will say there will be more scoring opportunities this year (more chances for 2). There's also some tighter OB and different shaped holes (more chances for 6+).

Ok, fixed.

So, here's your small chance to voice any opinions about the previous 3 years Swope Gold configurations. Anything you loved or hated?

Did you guys like the barrier on #2? That's the real hole in question.

Also, a slight tweak on #3 is going to make the hole play differently. No more big hyzer.

Timko -

I loved most of the course and especially hole 2. It certainly was more difficult.

I thought the basket for hole 7 was going to be in a much more challenging position with the hillside and OB near the green. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it would be. Has there been any discussion about hole 7?

With the loss of the trees over the winter, what are you thinking about changing to increase the challenge on hole 11?

I'm actually making the green on #7 smaller, but making the OB clearance only 120'. The IB area will now go from the tee to the edge of the hill, then 120' to clear the OB, then 120' to the pin. Both of the bunker areas will become OB.

Hole #11? Like on the standard course? We aren't even playing it. We are going from #9 to #11 (short), then to #12.

Also, wait for #3 this year. It's the best change we're making IMO.

You moving right side OB more left? Maybe just more left closer to the basket? Triple mando off the tee to force a straight shot? (That was a joke, plz no)

The lay up spot short of the island is much bigger, but the island itself is smaller. I think it should play very well this year.

One week left.

Just found out that McFlySoHigh will be doing full round coverage for all 3 rounds. I might piss my pants I'm so excited.

EDIT: Mostly, I think it'll be cool for everyone who's never been to see how absurd Big Blue Valley is.

One week left.

Just found out that McFlySoHigh will be doing full round coverage for all 3 rounds. I might piss my pants I'm so excited.

EDIT: Mostly, I think it'll be cool for everyone who's never been to see how absurd Big Blue Valley is.

Awesome! I wasn't sure if he was doing all three rounds or just the final. I've only seen tourney coverage from one course there.

The lay up spot short of the island is much bigger, but the island itself is smaller. I think it should play very well this year.

This is in regard to hole 2 or? Just saw the pic of the bales on Fb for 2, nice

Latest posts