• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

32nd Annual Kansas City Wide Open - June 20-22

Something worth considering as well is: where would McBeth(or anyone of us for that matter) be without Climo setting the table- so to speak? Would it be fair to say Ken Climo paved the way for the 'new' breed of player? If so, then there would be no McBeth(at least not as we have come to know him) without the original Champ.

Dave Dunipace paved the way for the "new" player much more than Kenny... an argument could be made that the Winnicrew did as well.

More and better courses plus the growing perception among the Millennials starting maybe 12 years ago that DG was kind of a rebel X-game (so it became cool) and was free were likely bigger factors in the growth of the sport and top young players. KC definitely sets the standard by which they can compare their progress and aspire to but I doubt few knew him or any other top player unless they were locals until they got hooked a bit deeper in the sport.

Last edited:
Which would be interesting and cool, same with what Chuck is saying but I still don't think that settles the title of "greatest of all time" That depends on longevity of being the dominant player and Climo still has 10 titles on McBeth. I'm not even saying Paul needs to get 12 but I think he still has to be the top guy for a few more years and at least get a few more. If he can do that then I think you can start to say that his 5 or 6 in less than 10 years is more of a feat than Climo's streak of 12 with 9 consecutive because I think we can all admit he's playing against better competition using better technology.

You can't just say well Paul shot a 49 on a course in 2013 during a tournament that Climo shot a 55 on in 2001 during the same tournament. Because it's not the same tournament. It's twelve years apart with different weather, conditions, era of disc technology, and you just can't say that one round or one tournament or even one year of play makes up for 9 straight titles and 12 overall. That's complete domination of a sport for a decade. If McBeth is still doing that at 2020 then we can say he's probably the best the sport has seen.

I wish Paul still posted around here, I have a feeling he would agree that Climo is the best ever and he's chasing him. I also think he's probably not at all worried about it or the title. He's just trying to do the best he can and exceed his own expectations not our's.

To even be in the debate is an honor, of course I'm sure every young players dream is to take over that goat spot but 12 titles is HUGE... I just prepare to win the next event in front of me and if I was able to string a few world titles and major in those events then I will take them in stride. I never want to get ahead of myself I'm not or ever will be the one to say if I'm better than Climo, that's up to the numbers and people.
Trying to figure out how Climo and McBeth would perform head-to-head, during their "prime" is a debate that is totally subjective.
Each person and athlete has to be judged by the times in which they performed.
Climo was dominant for a decade and has 12 Open Championships.
McBeth has to at least start approaching those numbers to even be considered the greatest.
Tiger will have win more Majors and LeBron has a few more championshis to go...

Edit:
McBeth is smart enough to stay away from this whole debate.
Ehhh 😎

3rd round and final 9 video

Have the videos from the 3rd round and final 9 been posted yet? I've searched but can only find the first 2 rounds

To even be in the debate is an honor, of course I'm sure every young players dream is to take over that goat spot but 12 titles is HUGE... I just prepare to win the next event in front of me and if I was able to string a few world titles and major in those events then I will take them in stride. I never want to get ahead of myself I'm not or ever will be the one to say if I'm better than Climo, that's up to the numbers and people.

You definitely deserve to be in the debate but obviously I agree with you. 12 titles is huge. You're always exciting to watch and cheer for. Thanks for chiming in! :hfive:

Have the videos from the 3rd round and final 9 been posted yet? I've searched but can only find the first 2 rounds

Marty said on facebook that Finals will be up in the AM. Several people have asked about 3rd round 2hrs ago, but he hasn't responded to them yet.

If there's no footage of McBeth's 49, that'd be a damn shame.

Marty said on facebook that Finals will be up in the AM. Several people have asked about 3rd round 2hrs ago, but he hasn't responded to them yet.

If there's no footage of McBeth's 49, that'd be a damn shame.

Yeah. I'm super appreciative of McFlySoHigh, but I have to admit I would be super bummed out not to get to see that third round for the lead card. It has to be some great stuff

Do titles make the GOAT?

Extreme example: Disc golf regresses to 1/67215'th of its membership. The last remaining player continues the pdga traditions and wins the next 30 world titles in an annual series of spectacular noob-hyzers. Does he become GOAT?

Do titles make the GOAT?

Extreme example: Disc golf regresses to 1/67215'th of its membership. The last remaining player continues the pdga traditions and wins the next 30 world titles in an annual series of spectacular noob-hyzers. Does he become GOAT?

These are the scenarios that only Fargo-ians dream up in their spare time...

Grt-JF10-goats-kid-i.jpg

can confirm that there will be no footage of Mcbeth rd 2-3 except for the SPIN TV stuff. Was following both rds and no video was being taken. Video dudes really dropped the ball on this tournament

can confirm that there will be no footage of Mcbeth rd 2-3 except for the SPIN TV stuff. Was following both rds and no video was being taken. Video dudes really dropped the ball on this tournament

Wow that sucks. I can understand picking a different card to follow the first round. Go for a cool bunch or something. After that you should be on the lead card til the end. Watching that group the first round was putting me to sleep but I know there were exciting groups to capture. Disappointing we can't watch the winner actually win. I see no point in going to film or choosing to sponsor if they aren't there to capture that group and that moment. Not my choice though, I'll watch what I can and hope in the future this doesn't happen again.

To me, it would help with media presentations if TDs made it a habit of putting "super cards" together for first rounds at big tournaments, so the marquee players aren't scattered all about.

Final nine was cool I take back some of the harshness from earlier. It's still strange that there is no coverage of the 3rd round lead card though. I would've liked to see how McBeth got 6 strokes on the rest of them leading up to that final nine.