• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

36 holes at one course baby,now 45?!?!?!

leathercash

Par Member
Alright,I'm sure some of you have played in Illinois before and maybe even heard of a place by the name of, Anna Page. She's a bitch of a course. Long open holes with 18 on the east side,and 18 on the west side of the park. She's a big,angry,mean one. And as I understand,all baskets are one inch smaller in diameter. Has anyone else here played her? What did you think? The reason I'm asking is it's my home course (I'm 20 minutes away from her) and there's been talk of a NORTH NINE being put in place for the new season,(they're marking new tee placements)so that's...uh,18 plus...18...plus 9,so..45!!!:eek: 45 holes on one park?! Thoughts?

Alright,I'm sure some of you have played in Illinois before and maybe even heard of a place by the name of, Anna Page. She's a bitch of a course. Long open holes with 18 on the east side,and 18 on the west side of the park. She's a big,angry,mean one. And as I understand,all baskets are one inch smaller in diameter. Has anyone else here played her? What did you think? The reason I'm asking is it's my home course (I'm 20 minutes away from her) and there's been talk of a NORTH NINE being put in place for the new season,(they're marking new tee placements)so that's...uh,18 plus...18...plus 9,so..45!!!:eek: 45 holes on one park?! Thoughts?

45 you say?Keep going!
but I think a few other Midwest spots have it beat still...

Mason County DG Park Ludington,MI 3 courses - 72 holes

Highbridge Hill Highbridge,WI -4 courses 72 holes w/18 more on the way AND 6 more courses in the works. Talk about DG insanity
http://www.highbridgehillssc.com/disc.html

The more the merrier, I love parks with more than 18 holes. It's someplace you can spend a whole day and not want to leave. Lemon Lake in northern Indiana is another place like that; 3 courses, 54 holes all in one park.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=463

I've heard Highbridge is incredible and I'd love to go play there for a weekend, but it is literally in the middle of no where. It's 8 hours from Chicago, 5 hours from Green Bay and 4 hours from Minneapolis. You can't get much farther north in Wisconsin without being in Lake Superior.

The most I have personally seen in one place is 36 but the more the merrier. If you can get great variety with one stop why drive anywhere else.

I would love to play that course. Smaller baskets? My homemade ones are smaller to make for better practice. I think 45 is great. That spreads people out while they are on the course. That would be a great place for tourneys. I think they should go for a record to make the largest course in the country! Good luck!

Not to change the subject, but I have a question for all you guys that helped make these 2+ course locations. How did you get the people over the park to allow more than one course in the same place? It would seem to make more sense to put different courses a few miles apart, even if it's not that far.

Not to change the subject, but I have a question for all you guys that helped make these 2+ course locations. How did you get the people over the park to allow more than one course in the same place? It would seem to make more sense to put different courses a few miles apart, even if it's not that far.

That's a great question,really. I don't know how that comes about though. I know there are about a dozen guys/gals who volunteer just for Anna Page up-keep. As far as when,where,how to design and build more links I have no clue...And what's funny is,there are at least another four courses near Anna Page: Freeport,Belvidere,Dekalb,Beloit and Jainsville. So why they have that many holes in one park is unknown to me,but they don't have to twist my arm! ,get it,eh?TWIST my arm....:cool:

I used to live in Genoa. When Kirkland opened it was cool...the mayor was out there thanking us for coming to town, and the townies came out to watch us play. It almost made me feel guilty for missing all my putts and putting on a bad show.

But, we moved to Missouri. The closest relatives I have to Kirkland live in Elgin, and I haven't been back since we moved. If I was gonna go all that way, I'd stay on 20 and head up to Anna Page before I'd go back to Kirkland.

In some cases I would suspect, both courses were put in the same park because that particular park was the only piece of suitable land.

Logistically speaking, if you were to put on a large tournament where you couldn't get the entire field in one course, it would be better if the second course didn't require driving across town.

Latest posts