• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

39th Annual Winter Time Open - Pro - CA - February 18-19, 2017

Miamisms

Eagle Member
Didn't see a thread started about this one yet! Looks like it will be a good ol' SoCal shoot out between Rico, McBeth, and Musick. Keep your eye on Seppo though!

Any word on if anyone is covering this or filming this for post production?

Supposed to get 4.5 inches of rain tomorrow alone. Expect a significant impact on the course for the tournament; it is located in "Hahamonga Watershed Natural Park", after all. Right at the base of the mountains.

Looking like it won't rain much, if at all, on the weekend itself, though.

Not sure if they'll have to close certain holes, or if players will just have to navigate some natural ponds/rivers :)

Didn't see a thread started about this one yet! Looks like it will be a good ol' SoCal shoot out between Rico, McBeth, and Musick. Keep your eye on Seppo though!

We are :) Skipping round 1 cuz I know we'll never get to it. Gonna try to do a next day video on round 2 (so posted on Sunday). Hope to have round 3 and the final 9 up before we head to Vegas for GCC, but no promises.

We are :) Skipping round 1 cuz I know we'll never get to it. Gonna try to do a next day video on round 2 (so posted on Sunday). Hope to have round 3 and the final 9 up before we head to Vegas for GCC, but no promises.

If its not raining to bad maybe we can get Hannah to Instagram Live round 1 ;)

My brother in law lives in the Los Gatos mtns. Sounds crazy out there right now. Hope it gets better soon.

I would bet on Paul McBeth to win

2016 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2015 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2014 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2013 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2012 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2011 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2010 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Steve Rico (Paul McBeth did not play)
2009 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth

attachment.php

Attachments

• WTO.png
    WTO.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 146
I would bet on Paul McBeth to win

2016 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2015 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2014 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2013 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2012 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2011 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth
2010 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Steve Rico (Paul McBeth did not play)
2009 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth

Update:

2017 Wintertime Open Pro Champion - Paul McBeth

In the early 2000's Rico was dominant. 15 plus years and he is still hanging with best. Would like to see what Paul looks like 15 years from now. I bet he isn't even playing dg.

In the early 2000's Rico was dominant. 15 plus years and he is still hanging with best. Would like to see what Paul looks like 15 years from now. I bet he isn't even playing dg.

Try a Scott bamboo. Bamboo still feels the best no matter what the graphite guys say.

I think I remember an interview where Paul said he doesn't want to keep playing into Masters age like Climo, Schultz etc

I went to forums and searched for paul mcbeth, posts option selected:

Originally Posted by PMcBeth View Post
My taxes were over 6 figures one year but that was because I had a good year/ bonuses/ many sponsors and not spending much money.

There is money in our sport but you need to WORK for it. I could sit around and just play disc golf and finish well and get by but that's not a goal. I want to make 7 figures through disc golf, I want to retire with disc golf, I want to own my own course one day, I want to teach disc golf one day, I want my family to be comfortable one day. I have dreams I have big dreams, I'm willing to work 24hrs a day to accomplish these dreams. These players don't truly understand, they are whining rather than taking responsibity and making their light. The McBeast Diaries, Champs vs Chumps, Eras Challenge..... those don't happen by accident. They were never funded they were ideas started from scratch to help promote Disc Golf, Players, Companies, Courses.... the list goes on and on. I enjoy those things because I know people love entertaining disc golf. I make myself available as much as possible for the public, for sponsors, for events but I do it because I have dreams not because I feel privledged or because I feel I deserve this or I deserve that. I work for what I have and I work HARD for what I have.

I didn't post to brag, Ian knows quite a bit about me because he is one of the few in this sport who has worked for what they have as well as Jomez and they make themselves available to the players and public.

Honestly these are the ones who should be making $ because with better equipment and better production that means more eyes on the players which mean more $ to them in sponsorship and sales. It's a chain of supportive and hard working people who will make this sport successful not whiners and "the privledged"

BTW - this post shows clearly where Paul is. He's a businessman. He just happens to be one where his business is disc golf. He's being darned smart. Go take a look at the number of pros who are increasingly emulating what he's done.

Latest posts