• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

3rd Annual Okthrowberfest - DGCR Dye Contest is HERE!

we arent specifying if someone hand cut uuntil after right?

Right. The best Hand-cut will get a special prize payout regardless of place in the grand scheme of the contest, but the best dyes will win regardless of how they were cut.

so does it matter if the person is a guild member or not will the big prize? or do you just possibly get extra for being a non guild member? im confused

The best dye wins. Period. The guild also wants to recognize the top non guild dyers as well with a little (or a lot :thmbup: of) extra stuff. If a non guild dyer wins that would be freaking awesome. We all want to see lots of dyers and lots of awesome dyes. Guild dyers or not.

^^^Yep, The Guild is really hoping to help grow the dyeing community through Okthrowberfest; getting plastic to dye in people's hands is the best way to do that.

Right. The best Hand-cut will get a special prize payout regardless of place in the grand scheme of the contest, but the best dyes will win regardless of how they were cut.

O rly?!

Also I've got all october off work pretty much... except the goods :)

Do any of those discs end up for sale afterwards? What would a dyer ask for a job like the ones from last year.

Absolutely amazing work!

Do any of those discs end up for sale afterwards? What would a dyer ask for a job like the ones from last year.

Absolutely amazing work!

I'm sure some of them will be, that's at the dyer's discretion if they want to sell their entries.

And remember folks, I'm a judge so send those bribes to:

UnscrupulousDave
555 Corrupt Valley Way
Chicago, IL 8675-309

And remember folks, I'm a judge so send those bribes to:

UnscrupulousDave
555 Corrupt Valley Way
Chicago, IL 8675-309

LOL'd at the zip :hfive:

Eight run bar-stamp Buzzzes are on their way, and a stack of unmarked haypennies.

I Started playing disc golf a week ago and...

...I started on my first ever vinyl cut today. I was going to use it on my deep orange aero, but I just found out about okthrowberfest and may have to save it! :eek:

photo.jpg

Lets see if I've improved at all by the end of next month! Can't wait to get my entry in.

p.s. if anyone has an extra orange disc they wanna donate to my okthrowberfest fund, pm me!

Simgar -- first off, welcome to the addiction.
second, I see you're using my disc as your stencil -- you'll find around here, and probably have already, that were all about helping others in this hobby. Next time you need a stencil like this from someone else's dye, just ask em! Although you might not need it....but still, i'dve given you a clean stencil to start with.
keep it up!

im not a dyer but always look forward to this every year.. blast to see what you guys come up with.. the work is just mind blowing :eek:

Latest posts