• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 Corners of the Disc Golf World

crusadersounds

Je Me Souviens Never Forget
Just curious who has played the 4 corners (Selah South, Charlotte East, Flip/Highbridge North, and Cali west, and KC/Emporia Central if you want to include that). I know that they each have their own unique styles, but for those of you who have played all 4, what was your favorite and why?

This isn't for "I went to Charlotte and it was the best I've ever played" if you've never left the east coast. I've played 3 of 5 regions, but there is still so much to explore, I'd like to hear from the traveling gurus so I can plan a future adventure!

Selah and Charlotte - check - but nothing West of Ft Worth. Does Maple Hill count as 'north'? If so I'd have 3 of 4 and Memphis as the closest to 'central'.

Once the kids are grown up some we might hijack an RV and make a few trips but that's years away.

Last edited:
I've been everywhere-Johnny Cash

You just can't beat the Highbridge DG complex, IMO. One destination and a multitude of varying hole configurations.

I've in hit all (5) corners in some way. My favorites in those immediate regions:

West
- Peregrine Point - Chico, CA

Midwest
- Waterworks - Kansas City, MO
-Foundation Park - Centralia, IL

South
- Selah Ranch and Trey Ranch - Mt. Pleasant area, TX
- Shawshank - Huntsville, TX

East Coast
-Tyler - Newtown, PA
-Castle Hayne - Wilmington, NC

North
-Brakewell Steel - Warwick, NY (This is the area that probably shouldn't be included. Although this is not very far north, it's the northern most I've have played)

Last edited:
I've hit Flip/North, Charotte, and West/Cali....not central KC, but Iowa and Cincinnati.

I want moar epic Cali mountain elevation!!!

That said, I love me some MI dg. :)

I am guessing those European disc golfers would be slightly offended at not including one of the Scandanavian disc golf courses in the "world". I have played Kenaii Eagle in Alaska (that has got to be North or West, if not both), Silver Creek and Rollin Ridge in Wisconsin and a handful of Michigan courses for the North, Tom Triplett and the IDGC and RL Smith and a truckload of other Georgia course for the Southeast, and some Texas courses (Lester Lorch, Live Oak, Veteran's and others for the south). From my perspective, there are good courses in every region. I usually just go by the reviews on this site to tell me where to play when I am in a different region. I can't say one region is best. There are good, (and less spectacular) courses in every region.

Damn, I've played vastly different world class courses in Cali, Oregon, Sweden, and the Carolinas. But OP says only one of those count. I guess I can't compare.

Edit: Re-read the OP and saw that Cali was indeed included.

Last edited:
Having played your 4 corners of the US, I would say no set area is really better than the other, they all have their own charms n flaws. Only thing I would add is go check em out for yourself, see what you like.

No 'premium' cali :(

I've done highbridge north (along with a whole other pile of WI and MN courses) and hit all the major highlights in the SE (charlotte, augusta, and all the rest of the best in GA and SC). I can't speak for any of the rest, but the upper Midwest and the SE are remarkably similar styles of courses for the most part. Of those two I give the SE a slight upper hand for volume and concentration of great courses. But the courses themselves are mostly similar and very awesome

Go to the Left Coast ASAP. You will not be disappointed...especially if Santa Cruz is a stop along the way.

South - Charlotte, Stoney Hill, Grand Central Station, IDGC
Midwest - Rollin Ridge/BRP/Winter Park
West - Oak Grove (St Andrews of dg)
North - Warwick
East- Tyler SP, Iron Hill

Plan to play Selah and Flyboy this year possibly

For those of us who have only played in the United States---which I believe to be the great majority---four corners might make more sense as NE, SE, SW, and NW, instead of points on a compass.

I need to get up North to Highbridge, Flip, etc. and east to the Carolinas.

Pretty well covered the west coast from NorCal to BC. A dash of CO and TX, and most of what's close to Cincy.

Ok, so I'll jump back in. First, thanks to the guys who have posted so far. If you don't have ALL of them, that's ok. I just don't want the guys who have only played in say Wisconsin saying that Highbridge is the best golf there is to be had. I know that Highbridge is good. I know that Selah is good. I know about Cali and I've played in NC/Charlotte and KC/Midwest. So, to clarify what the OP is trying to say (granted I didn't say it very well):

I want your comparison of top destinations.

Also, I only included US because that is where 1) a majority of us live, and 2) the only place that I'd be planning a DG trip. If I end up in Finland, or Japan, or Germany, or Australia, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be on here researching courses near where I'll be, but it isn't practical for me to fly to Scandinavia for the sole purpose of playing disc golf. (My job doesn't pay THAT well!)

Last edited:
Just a few weeks ago I completed a road trip that included Idlewild, Mt. Airy, The Black Course, Deer Lakes, Knob Hill and Moraine State Park. Had a great time at all of those courses. Beautiful scenery, hills, challenging golf...everything I expected after researching the pics, reviews and other info.

If I had to choose...I would go back to the Left Coast without any hesitation. For me, it's just the combination of the ocean and mountains out west that I prefer for new-to-me DG road trips.

A road trip that includes Oak Grove and DeLaveaga with a few gems sprinkled in between such as Coyote Point and Ryan Ranch should be on the bucket list for anyone that is somewhat serious about spending time and money on disc golf road trips. FWIW, if you head north from there to include Golden Gate Park and/or Stafford Lake amongst others not to far from Santa Cruz, you can't go wrong.

Latest posts