• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 Mold Bag

This question is more than anything about power and throwing style. Players who both forehand and back hand will inevitably have more stable plastic due to the chance to throw mostly hyzers coupled with an unlimited potential for winds. Due to this for me it would be , destroyer, eagle, wasp and comet.

Destroyer can replace firebird for FH hyzers and for most all other distance drivers (maybe 3 or 4 in bag total). Eagle would likely be used for the majority of drives. I could use a D wasp for straight backhand shots and anhyzers while a Z one for forehand and BH hyzers. And it's tough to decide on the last spot but I think I can live with comets as a putter in exchange for keeping it in my bag. I wanted an aviar or rhyno instead but think I can split the diff with the two midranges. It would be hard without a putter on very wooded courses but if any disc could do it that would be the comet.

4 isn't enough for me either, but I find myself throwing the following 80% of the time:

Voodoo, Buzzz, Eagle, Valkyrie

Ya, seems like an unnecessary handcuff to me.

what some see as a handcuff others see as a learning tool. Master your game throwing 4 molds and you're ahead of the guy who sort of knows how to throw 8 molds. You can always add more later, but playing with limitations will make you better without limitations.

It's sort of like how basketball players practice dribbling with one hand anchored down to help increase their skills. It only makes them better when they decide to untie the other hand.

and for the record, I'd use challenger, roc, teebird, and OLF.

My four would be...
ESP: Avenger, Impact, Zone, Banger GT

Unfortunately I have to include one other disc as a fifth, my must have Gateway utility spirit.