• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4 Mold Bag

In my bag I actually carry 8 molds currently. If I were to narrow it down (not that I would want to) I'd use:

Destroyer
Max
Roc
Voodoo

I'd like to swap the Max for the Teebird; however, I get more use out of the Max.

what some see as a handcuff others see as a learning tool. Master your game throwing 4 molds and you're ahead of the guy who sort of knows how to throw 8 molds. You can always add more later, but playing with limitations will make you better without limitations.

It's sort of like how basketball players practice dribbling with one hand anchored down to help increase their skills. It only makes them better when they decide to untie the other hand.

and for the record, I'd use challenger, roc, teebird, and OLF.

If you are just trying to learn then use 2 molds. 1 putter 1 midrange.

if you are going to have 4 molds then theres no reason not to have 5 or 6.

Valk.
River
Cobra
Classic Aviar

Two molds short of my current bag, and I could probably swing it with a beat-up valk for understable drives and the Aviar for placement-shot mid duty.

If you are just trying to learn then use 2 molds. 1 putter 1 midrange.

if you are going to have 4 molds then theres no reason not to have 5 or 6.

this is one of the dumbest things I've read on here lately. Learning from the ground up is not equivalent to using a minimalist bag as a learning tool.

1 putter, 1 midrange, 1 stable driver (new -> beat stages of wear), and 1 overstable driver can be considered a minimalists full bag. You can cover all shots with 4 molds.

Learning to throw cleanly is when you use a putter and midrange. Learning to develop your game and learn to make your discs work for you is when you use a minimalist bag. Adding more after that is generally when you feel like you've begun to learn the minimalist bag.

Anodes - Vectors - OLFs - Quasars

I'd miss my really beat CEJLS and eclipse Axis but I could work this. I've played a few Anode / Quasar rounds lately and it's been fun. Anode can do most the Axis stuff anyways as long as I have height to work with.

Not worried about something more overstable because I'm stocked on a freak overstable QOLF run that flies just like a worn Z Pred, and Quasars and Vectors do well in the wind too.

Magnet, Roc, Banshee, Archon. If I had to pick one plastic type for each as well, it would be Soft Magnet, DX Roc, Champ Banshee, Champ Archon.

this is one of the dumbest things I've read on here lately. Learning from the ground up is not equivalent to using a minimalist bag as a learning tool.

1 putter, 1 midrange, 1 stable driver (new -> beat stages of wear), and 1 overstable driver can be considered a minimalists full bag. You can cover all shots with 4 molds.

Learning to throw cleanly is when you use a putter and midrange. Learning to develop your game and learn to make your discs work for you is when you use a minimalist bag. Adding more after that is generally when you feel like you've begun to learn the minimalist bag.

the op mentions no rationale as to why only 4 molds. he could have just as easily picked three or five.