• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] 4 point? Terminology question

Qstick333

Birdie Member
Occasionally i will see a disc listed as a "4 point". Can someone enlighten me on what that means? I've never heard the term in years of play, only in the for sale threads...

I'm guessing it's referring to Innovas old star stamp that looks like this:

iu

I'm guessing it's referring to Innovas old star stamp that looks like this:

iu

I can't see your picture, but this is actually in reference to a discraft disc. I think typically it has been Innova though so that might be correct.

Oh, and I've never heard the term "four point" used in relation to golf discs. Generally the old Champ Star stamped discs were called "proto star" discs. That might be confusing since there is Star plastic now, though.

Better picture of a proto star stamped disc:

Refers to how it is stamped.

The name of the company.
The name of the disc.
The stability.
The type of plastic.

All in a circle on the points of the disc like a compass.

I have only seen "4-point" mentioned when speaking about old buzzzes/wasps (can't remember which of the two right now). Still can't figure out what makes the disc "four-point" tho. Hopefully, a discraft collector will step-in and enlighten us all.

No, problem. Happy to help!

Used to have a few back when I first started playing. Either gave them to friends, sold them or lost in action. Plastic type varies on these. Some are very nice finger print grippy and oily, and others are stiff and lack grip.

Latest posts