• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revolution Carolina with single strap?

Naenae

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I'm looking for a bag to hold 15 or so discs for my son. He likes my Voyager Slim, but they are never in stock anymore.

The Revolution Carolina looks like affordable quality to me, if ordered as the single shoulder strap model. I never have both arms in my backpack straps, and I notice that few people do.

My question is whether the Revolution Carolina "works" as a one strapper, in terms of balance and comfort against the body. What say you?

It came with the single strap originally, and I carried mine that way for one summer. I gave it to a friend who used it that way for several more years. IIRC only in the second run of bags did they include the other clip point for Quadshock straps.

I'm looking for a bag to hold 15 or so discs for my son. He likes my Voyager Slim, but they are never in stock anymore.

The Revolution Carolina looks like affordable quality to me, if ordered as the single shoulder strap model. I never have both arms in my backpack straps, and I notice that few people do.

My question is whether the Revolution Carolina "works" as a one strapper, in terms of balance and comfort against the body. What say you?
just FYI - I have a hardly-used Rust/Black Carolina Team Bag (v1) that I'd be willing to sell. It does have the quad backpack harness though. If you're interested, DM for pics.

It came with the single strap originally, and I carried mine that way for one summer. I gave it to a friend who used it that way for several more years. IIRC only in the second run of bags did they include the other clip point for Quadshock straps.

Did it work well for you single-strapped? Why did you move on? Next great product or just didn't like the Carolina? Regrets?

Back and hip problems. It's hard to swing it off and onto my shoulder. It was great with a stool, I recommend one if you have a shoulder bag - keep it out of mud, ants, etc.

Back and hip problems. It's hard to swing it off and onto my shoulder. It was great with a stool, I recommend one if you have a shoulder bag - keep it out of mud, ants, etc.

I'm having a hard time imaging that putting a backpack on both shoulders would be easier. That's why I always sling my backpack—bad shoulders. Did you wear it crossbody or purse style? I imagined the latter, but maybe that wouldn't work.

The only time I've ever seen someone successfully play a round with the strap bandolier style was when my one-handed buddy wore a 4-disc Nutsac-type one. He never actually took it off during the round but played really well with it one year.

Latest posts