• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole 7 Leather Disc Golf Bag Review

I'm not sure black shiny leather would be a great idea. Think about black leather car seats and fried legs...

Or even more disturbing, black leather chaps. :eek:

Sorry, could not resist, I'll try to be better. ;)

Seriously, lighter colors would work better for most of the US.

Honestly, I will probably add a velcro-on strap pad as the strap is a little thin for someone with broader shoulders. The strap is reminiscent of the seat belt style fabric, so I have no worries on durability, but I'll be more comfortable with a little cushion and wider resting point on my shoulder.

Future editions will for sure have that "shoulder rest" piece.... I bet it doesn't cost 50 cents, but is important for some people. It was omitted due to a miscommunication with my supplier, for which I take responsibility.

For now, there are simple work-arounds like Reniger mentioned for those who take issue with the strap as-is. Also, remember it unclips.....so you can always clip on any favorite strap you already have...or from another bag you rarely use,etc.

Last edited:
Damn, I really love the look of this bag I just can't justify buying it cause I'm not sure when I'd ever use it. I've started just taking my octothorpe for all rounds, even quick casual ones I used to use the nutsac for, because it's just so much more comfortable for me than a single shoulder strap bag.

But just because I don't need one doesn't mean I won't eventually order one anyways. This bag looks really great.

Thanks befree! Yes, I think the time is right for this product. It really makes a statement. As I mentioned before, there are nice leather bags available for bowlers, ball-golfers etc.... leather back-packs, gloves,vests,jackets,boots and all kinds of stuff......so why not disc golf? I get positive comments on mine on a regular basis out on the course.

Thanks befree! Yes, I think the time is right for this product. It really makes a statement. As I mentioned before, there are nice leather bags available for bowlers, ball-golfers etc.... leather back-packs, gloves,vests,jackets,boots and all kinds of stuff......so why not disc golf? I get positive comments on mine on a regular basis out on the course.

Totally hear you on that. I've had a saddleback leather briefcase/bag for the last 10 years that's been my go to bag for everything. A really nice leather bag is a functional thing of beauty.

I was avoiding the massively busy tournaments over this holiday weekend as I have been needing to get out of my head more than compete, however, I exclusively used the LDGB and was getting comments/questions constantly! Friday/Saturday there were a lot more regulars on the courses taking note, then Sunday/Monday there was a lot more casuals as the big tourneys were being played. Though, both crowds were taking notice and complimenting/commenting. It was a nice feeling to have something unique that made some heads turn. A few of the guys were interested in picking one up after taking a closer look and feeling the bag. It is truly impressive once you see it up close in person.

Kudos for picking an understated logo. Too many images in disc golf are cartoonish and cheap looking (Fossa bags are garish).

Please build a small grip c (small grip backpack) bag out of leather. Tweak it a bit to allow better disc access, put a frame in to help with disc organization and widen the putter pocket a bit.

Ok, one is allowed to dream right?

I have always preferred the look of leather!!

Sadly, this little side venture has not been very profitable, Dr Smooth, so it will not continue at all once my current stock is gone. What I still have is now on EBAY at reduced price...but when they are gone......that's it:(

-Peace Out

Sadly, this little side venture has not been very profitable, Dr Smooth, so it will not continue at all once my current stock is gone. What I still have is now on EBAY at reduced price...but when they are gone......that's it:(

-Peace Out

Bought a reduced price bag on FeeBay and just got it. First impressions are very good! :thmbup:

Sorry this venture didn't pan out for you economically, but you made this guy happy.

-Peace Out
I just saw this, and bought the next to the last bag on ebay. I was planning one for when more of the work that I have in the pipeline has been paid, but didn't want to miss out. I'm sorry that this venture did not work out for you. :(

I am also sorry to hear of the demise of this venture. It is/was a great idea.

Please be sure to patent your product, as I can see this concept catching on eventually as a boutique item, likely at shops attached to high end, play to play courses.

Sorry for "bumping an old thread"...I haven't been on the board much recently. Yes, I agree with you....not only on bags but also the discs themselves. I suppose younger players in particular like that sort of thing...but I am trying to provide an alternative. Unless I am able to lower production costs, I am not sure Hole7 will continue though.....though I probably spoke to soon when I stated its demise is a certainty.

I still have some more I will put on Ebay guys from my current batch. The problem going forward is I am not sure people are willing to purchase them at a price that allows me to make any profit. At the current sale price, I am essentially breaking even,
which is fine to get some out there in people's hands to increase exposure, but not sustainable in the long run.

Things could change.....if they get enough exposure and "catch on"......people might be willing to pay a little more...or I might be able to get them produced in larger quantities which would lower my per unit cost. We will see what happens...this has been a learning process:)

Bought a reduced price bag on FeeBay and just got it. First impressions are very good! :thmbup:

Sorry this venture didn't pan out for you economically, but you made this guy happy.

Glad you like it! Good feedback is great to hear and can do nothing but help:)

I still have some more I will put on Ebay guys from my current batch. The problem going forward is I am not sure people are willing to purchase them at a price that allows me to make any profit. At the current sale price, I am essentially breaking even,
which is fine to get some out there in people's hands to increase exposure, but not sustainable in the long run.

Things could change.....if they get enough exposure and "catch on"......people might be willing to pay a little more...or I might be able to get them produced in larger quantities which would lower my per unit cost. We will see what happens...this has been a learning process:)

This may be dead wrong, but hear me out. Maybe you priced the bag too low to start with?

A premium product in certain circumstances can actually increase sales with a higher price point. Look at LB bags. Part of the allure is that they are the most expensive, so obviously they are the best quality. Probably not, but consumer psychology is crazy.

Let's say you priced out the bags at $159. Take the extra profit and plow some of it into luxury accoutrement, such as leather tags, luxury packaging, etc. These things don't make the product more valuable but make the purchaser feel that they received a luxury product at a luxury price point. A nice youtube "unboxing" video will show off these added touches.

Meanwhile you have now allowed yourself the margins to throw bags at retailers and tournaments. It shouldn't be too hard to call around to various disc golf shops and sell them one or two at a $90 wholesale with an msrp of $160. Tournament directors could do the ole msrp switcheroo on the payouts effectively at that pricing as well.

FYI I would have happily purchased the bag at $89, I was merely waiting to do so. When I saw the bag on closeout I bought it immediately out of fear it would not be available any more, not because of the discount.

Those are all good points Dingus and I have considered them all. I originally priced the bags at $99 and was essentially laughed off the board. I then reduced the price to $79 which seemed reasonable to most, but sales were dismal despite a great review here on the board. I also donated a bag to a well known store manager who is involved in tournaments and he in return has been getting it some exposure. Most people who see and touch the bags like them. His basic opinion is that most people simply are not ready to pay over $50 for a basic bag at this point.

To make a reasonable profit, I would really need them to sell at between somewhere between $89-$109...maybe slightly lower depending on several factors. I absolutely believe in my product and think it's time has come.....like all new things it may take people some time to warm up to the idea.

I genuinely appreciate the feedback.

Also, just to clarify....I had been inactive on Ebay for a long time and only had about 9 or so feedbacks when I decided to start lisitng the bags on there, so there was a limit placed on me on the total dollar amt I could list my products for( I don't have any kind of "store" on there or commercial account,etc)....but it amounted to 4 bags at a time. I believe they have now increased my ceiling and need to check on that...but I have enough stock on hand to refill the listing as needed for a while.

I should not have said it was a certainty Hole7 would end....that was said at a time of discouragement. I am constantly re-evaluating and would love to see Hole7 thrive...maybe it just needs more time and positive feedback:)

Also, just to clarify....I had been inactive on Ebay for a long time and only had about 9 or so feedbacks when I decided to start lisitng the bags on there, so there was a limit placed on me on the total dollar amt I could list my products for( I don't have any kind of "store" on there or commercial account,etc)....but it amounted to 4 bags at a time. I believe they have now increased my ceiling and need to check on that...but I have enough stock on hand to refill the listing as needed for a while.

I should not have said it was a certainty Hole7 would end....that was said at a time of discouragement. I am constantly re-evaluating and would love to see Hole7 thrive...maybe it just needs more time and positive feedback:)

How about making a backpack? That, I can see people paying $200 USA for a lower end backpack style that is leather.

Latest posts