• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Combat Commander

SDSTP

I have spent hours trying to figure out if Doth ever actually tells anyone which bags he likes the most and I have come to the conclusion that he never makes any kind of statement about "this bag" being his favorite bag, or I play with this bag more than any other bag.

I am guessing his reviews are more detailed so you can get to know the bag yourself and make your own decision. The pros tell you to use whatever they are sponsored by, so they are no help. I have looked at a lot of backpacks. I started with a Slinger and now want to carry more discs. 20-ish? I hate the slinger for laying it down between throws. I want a bag that stands up in all conditions & has a tough bottom, possibly with legs/feet. I have researched Pound, Grip, Gorilla, Voodoo here in SD which seems out of business, DD, and all the normal mainstream bags sold on websites like Infinite, etc...

I bought a DD Combat Commander, it's sitting on my couch looking great, but it's boxy and feels like it could be too heavy really quickly. The zippers seem like an afterthought on this bag. I love YKK and don't understand how much more the basic YKK would cost versus some off-brand zipper, but this bag has those off-brand kind. I do not love the grab handle being part of the straps. I also do not love that the strap connection is nothing close to the way Grip does theirs, and this is ALWAYS the weak spot on a backpack. It's only one straight stitch and you can feel the end of the strap inside the bag with your fingers.

I love the open set up, but the upper pockets are a little tight when you put two discs in one slot, so I am exploring my options and I am thinking I might keep this and get a second bag that would be just a little smaller and MUCH lighter, but with similar qualities as I stated above.

Fossa Skinny 2.3 is interesting, no special tough bottom, but the capacity and weight seem nice. What else does anyone suggest along my lines of thinking?

I looked long and hard at the Upper Park bags, but the material they use appears to be typical lightweight ripstop stuff that you see on 75% of normal backpacks and bags, and I would love to see the bag be made with more durable material like Cordura.

I have been using my Rebel since June 2015. Pretty unbelievable if you ask me. Shows almost no signs of wear. Disc access is about as good as it gets. It's almost perfect.