• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

single strap bags?

I'm a beginner but after getting a chance a grabbing a couple of super cheap deals, I now own 13 discs, some of which I can't throw yet :)

I'm looking for a carrying option for a 12-14 discs and I don't really like the full backpack styles, I'm attracted to the single strap slink over-the-shoulder style.

The grandaddy of hte m all seems to be the infinite disk slinger ( I like the deluxe one)
https://www.amazon.com/Infinite-Discs-Slinger-Deluxe-Bag/dp/B08Y55HSC7

Amazon seems to have some knockoffs such as the MOYAQI Frisbee Disc Golf (I like that it has a disc retriever holder, but I suspect the sling has better disc access?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QJSBJCF

any other bags in that style that I haven't discovered? For those of you using those bags, what do you like or whish they would change in this style of bags?
Anyone tried them and decided they were not for them and ended up upgrading to a full-sie backpack?

Grandaddy would probably be the basic Innova bag. Maybe one of the Lightnings?

I've got a Fade Crunch Box that holds about the quantity that you are looking for. Single strap with one drink holder and a decent size side pocket for odds and ends. Still in good shape after years of use. I haven't heard much about Fade recently though. Not sure if they're still making bags.

I eventually switched to a backpack bag, but only because I'm carrying discs for the family now. I'll happily switch back to the Fade in a couple of years when the boys are carrying their own discs.

Rogue Iron Disc Golf Bag....holds up to 14 discs. What I like, their customer support. I bought the 9 disc bag (their original one) and there was a manufacturing defect. Rogue Iron folks worked with me and replaced the bag. I still have it and it is my go-to when I fly somewhere and need to take some discs or when I need to carry a lighter load.

https://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Iron-D...jIuMDAifQ==&sprefix=rogue+iron,aps,764&sr=8-1

For carrying a retriever, I have this holder and one is attached to my Rogue Iron bag and the other to a cart.

https://www.amazon.com/Infinite-Dis...&sprefix=disc+golf+retriever+h,aps,155&sr=8-4

My only dislikes/wish it had for my 9 disc Rogue Iron bag:

1. larger water bottle holder - in Arizona I usually carry a 40 oz bottle of water. The Rogue Iron bag holds a 32 oz.
2. larger, more secure pocket. There's a side pocket with a snap, but I have lost pencils, markers, and other small items out of it. I won't keep my keys there. The 14 disc bag looks like it has three pockets; one mesh, one large one with a snap, and one on the back with a zipper.

That said, I won't give up my Rogue Iron bag. I've used it for things like three disc challenges, putter only rounds, and just rounds where I don't need a lot of discs and want to give my back a break.

My Fossa Skinny 2.3 is my go-to backpack bag though. It carries a lot more. When I play in a tournament that has two rounds in one day, I use my Fossa for the first round, then I remove the discs I actually used and put them into my Rogue Iron bag for the second round.

I carry 10 in the Basic Innova bag and there's room for a couple more. has 4 pockets for other stuff as well.

Second for the Fade Crunch Box. They still make bags, and they have been around for a while. I find myself grabbing it over my much larger backpack for everyday rounds. Only issue I have is the mini pocket never seems deep enough, so I just put my mini in the mesh top pocket. I live in California and the water bottle pocket is big enough for my needs. Bought mine in 2012 and still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/Fade-Crunch-Box-Disc-Golf/dp/B00AHF18Q8?th=1

Fade Crunch is the cheap GOAT last I remember.

If you can track down a Voodoo they're extra quality at bargain prices now (company dissolved).

I still use a Gorilla Boy I bought years ago [when not electing for the big bags I own].

I'm a backpack guy myself but if I'm playing smaller courses or traveling I like to go lighter.

I have one of the Infinite slinger bags and generally like it. The water bottle compartment is small and the bag hates to stand up and is always falling over. Not sure which size I have but I don't think it would hold more than ten discs in the main compartment.

My current travel bag is a Grip G2. I doubt it would hold the amount of discs the OP wants. I currently carry eight discs, two towels, a light jacket, a beanie, a mini, a single water bottle, and usually my phone, keys and wallet and I'm not even using the two pockets on the front of the bag. I could probably put another disc or two in one of those pockets. For what the bag cost me though you could buy four or five starter type bags but I'm happy with my purchase.

The Rogue Iron that's been mentioned is a great bag for the money. However, if you're anything like me (and it sounds like you are), you're going to want to carry a few more discs sooner rather than later. You might as well just step up to a Dynamic Discs Soldier Bag now.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B095L1KVYC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The only thing I "modified" on my Soldier was switching out the stock single strap for a nice, squishy single strap from a ball golf bag (which I already owned). It's comfy as can be, and I love being able to access everything I need while on the move.

I'm a backpack guy myself but if I'm playing smaller courses or traveling I like to go lighter.

I have one of the Infinite slinger bags and generally like it. The water bottle compartment is small and the bag hates to stand up and is always falling over. Not sure which size I have but I don't think it would hold more than ten discs in the main compartment.

My current travel bag is a Grip G2. I doubt it would hold the amount of discs the OP wants. I currently carry eight discs, two towels, a light jacket, a beanie, a mini, a single water bottle, and usually my phone, keys and wallet and I'm not even using the two pockets on the front of the bag. I could probably put another disc or two in one of those pockets. For what the bag cost me though you could buy four or five starter type bags but I'm happy with my purchase.

I use my G2 for smaller courses... I wish the strap had another ten inches of extension... then I could use it across the body at times. I would like the option to use it that way.

My only dislikes/wish it had for my 9 disc Rogue Iron bag:

1. larger water bottle holder - in Arizona I usually carry a 40 oz bottle of water. The Rogue Iron bag holds a 32 oz.
2. larger, more secure pocket. There's a side pocket with a snap, but I have lost pencils, markers, and other small items out of it. I won't keep my keys there. The 14 disc bag looks like it has three pockets; one mesh, one large one with a snap, and one on the back with a zipper.

That said, I won't give up my Rogue Iron bag. I've used it for things like three disc challenges, putter only rounds, and just rounds where I don't need a lot of discs and want to give my back a break.

My Fossa Skinny 2.3 is my go-to backpack bag though. It carries a lot more. When I play in a tournament that has two rounds in one day, I use my Fossa for the first round, then I remove the discs I actually used and put them into my Rogue Iron bag for the second round.

I had the Fossa Skinny 2... overall a very good bag that could use some minor improvements. My 2.0 ripped at the top right orner.. when looking at the bag... where the top disc pocket meets the backing... about an inch and a half tear before it stopped. Still functional, but a bit irritating when I look at it, ha.

I had the Fossa Skinny 2... overall a very good bag that could use some minor improvements. My 2.0 ripped at the top right orner.. when looking at the bag... where the top disc pocket meets the backing... about an inch and a half tear before it stopped. Still functional, but a bit irritating when I look at it, ha.

I recall seeing somewhere that is one of the reasons they came out with the 2.3. The top of the back has a strip of material holding the top of the straps more secure and helping make the top stronger.

The only issues I've had, so far, is minor wear on the side of one of the straps. It's probably because that is the strap I grab it by and use the most.

Eventually I may have to replace the bag if the strap gets too worn, but that should be a few years from now.

I use my G2 for smaller courses... I wish the strap had another ten inches of extension... then I could use it across the body at times. I would like the option to use it that way.

I have my strap all of the way extended on my G2 and I agree it definitely should be a little longer. I've thought about swapping it out for something longer but I'm just lazy so I deal with it.

I have my strap all of the way extended on my G2 and I agree it definitely should be a little longer. I've thought about swapping it out for something longer but I'm just lazy so I deal with it.

Part of me wondered if there would be enough interest in designing a better strap for it and selling them,.... but I have no idea what that would be... but getting some made in the same material and colors would be pretty cool... just a bit longer and with a touch more padding.

...but I have no manufacturing or desing background, ha.

Do a search using 'strap extender for backpack'. I think you might find something that will serve the purpose you are looking for.

Thanks.

You obviously missed the part where I'm lazy but I definitely appreciate the info.

It's funny, I was going to post a couple of links to what I found, but I was being lazy myself and thought I would just pass on the search words I used so you could find what would work best for you. :D

Latest posts