• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funky straps?

mshelton

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I still use an old Revolution Carolina bag and Quad straps but I've really been looking at backpack style bags. One thing I am curious about is how do you deal with funky smelly straps on the back pack models?

It's always hot and muggy here in summertime which means sweat, I'll soak a shirt and the straps on my bag in less than a round so they doe get stinky and funky. Nice thing about the Quads id that I can take them off, toss them in the wash with some baking soda and they are good for another couple dozen or so rounds,

Any way to deal with it using the backpack style straps?

I can do exactly that, but my backpack's OOP. I agree with the post above.. wash the bag, if the straps are that stinky the whole thing could probably use it, unlike a bag with quads.. the backpack's going to also be soaked .

Pound bags have removable straps, if you don't find the price tag to be too off-putting. At least my 2018 Octothorpe does. Not as easily removable as quad shocks, but they do unsnap, and you then would need to unthread the actual strap itself from the plush/padded area.

One thing I am curious about is how do you deal with funky smelly straps on the back pack models?

I had this concern but found it to be a non-issue. At least with the Millenium & Grip bags I've had...

Turns out the straps on the backpacks are built better, with better material and don't absorb/hold quite as much sweat. I mean, I sweat a LOT and haven't had an issue yet.

At this point, I am considering a cart for my backpack though. But, sweat is not the catalyst...

I also sweat a lot and never had an issue with the straps. After rain and/or snow rounds I've had to let my grip AX air out because the disc compartment can get rather funky. Chances are you will need to clean the whole bag before just the straps.