• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports Bags & Straps

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
MVP fans have asked for an MVP bag for years -- we've let on that one might be coming soon. On July 31st, THREE new disc golf bags designed by MVP Disc Sports will hit the course!

The Cell, Beaker, and Nucleus each fill a unique role in a disc golfer's arsenal. The MVP traditional bag line begins with the Cell for modest starter setups, through the Beaker for advancing setups and experimental rounds, to the Nucleus for competitive play and hardcore field sessions.

For those who prefer dual back straps, we've got MVP Back Straps available for the Beaker and Nucleus, or any other back strap-ready bag. All bags and straps feature high quality materials and craftsmanship with the function and form for which MVP is known.

A great deal of research and development has been placed into the creation of these bags, and we are very confident they are some of the best in the market. While we do not anticipate any quality issues with these bags, we will guarantee them to be free from defects of quality and craftsmanship, and will offer replacements to consumers that have any quality concerns.

MVP Nucleus - Tournament Bag
http://mvpdiscsports.com/disc-golf-bags/nucleus-tournament-bag/
18-22 Discs Overmolded in Style

Holds 18-22 discs (including 2 in front putter pocket)
Black primary fabric with bold color accents (lime, pink, red, royal, or yellow)
Attachments available for included shoulder strap, or for MVP Back Straps
Rigid padded bottom
Rigid and thickly padded walls
2 Insulated drink holders
Screen printed accented MVP bar logo
2 Internal velcro dividers
4 Ball feet to keep off ground and extend the life of the bottom
2 Full size zippered side compartments
2 Quick access side pouches (great for a few minis, phone, keys, etc.)
Adjustable shoulder strap included
Pencil holder next to putter pocket
Small utility pocket next to putter pocket
Zippered pouch inside of the zippered side compartment
High quality materials and craftsmanship

MSRP: $64.95
Release Date: 7/31

MVP Beaker - Competition Bag
http://mvpdiscsports.com/disc-golf-bags/beaker-competition-bag/
12-15 Discs Overmolded in Style

Holds 12-15 discs (including 1-2 discs in front putter pocket depending on disc depth)
Bold color fabric (lime, pink, red, or royal blue) with black accents
Attachments available for included shoulder strap, or for MVP Back Straps
Rigid padded bottom
Insulated drink holder
2 Internal velcro dividers
4 Ball feet to keep off ground and extend the life of the bottom
1 Full size zippered side compartment (fits 2 discs)
1 Quick access side pouch
Side slit pouch for score card and mini
Adjustable shoulder strap included

MSRP: $39.95

MVP Cell - Starter Bag
http://mvpdiscsports.com/disc-golf-bags/cell-starter-bag/
10-12 Discs Overmolded in Style

Holds 10-12 discs (including 1 in front putter pocket)
All black fabric with zipper color trim
Trim colors: lime, pink, red, or teal
Rigid padded bottom
Drink holder
Zipper mesh compartment in top flap

MSRP: $12.95

MVP Tripod Stool
To complete the GYRO™ tourney rig, we've got a blacked-out compact tripod stool with large Orbit logo on the seat. Lock into those birdie lines, take some scores, and keep 'em spinning with MVP Bags & Accessories.

Compact camping tripod stool design
MVP orbit logo on seat
Black hardware and fabric with white print
265 lbs. Weight limit
16" Seated height
MSRP: $15.95

Back Straps-All Black
Rubber MVP Bar Logo patch
Metal carabiner attachments
Padded shoulder area
Clips onto any bag equipped with four-point standard back strap connections

MSRP: $24.95
Pictures and individual threads to follow obviously but this is what the dealer info provides and wanted to share with my DGCR friends. Enjoy as there is more to come from this update re: plastic :) Who is ready for the next phase of this orbit?! :hfive:

Last edited:
Are these Dynamic Disc bags?

The Cadet looks very similar.

Last edited:
It would be cool if they could let us know what the bag is made of. Looks like 600D?

I am more curious as to what this really means regardless of what they are made out of -- seems a bit bold:
we will guarantee them to be free from defects of quality and craftsmanship, and will offer replacements to consumers that have any quality concerns

Yea they do look good, especially the tourney bag. I am just glad, that after I shelled out for a new grip last week, that they didn't come out with a nice backpack bag.

The Beaker looks good for me. And quads! Pretty stoked this actually happened. Thought it would be a year from now if it ever happened at all.

Thanks MVP!

Breaker looks like a nice shoulder bag. Great colors, but, I wish they posted photos of the bag open, showing the side pocket, size of drink holder, ect.

Also, the Cell for $13? Looks like the best starter in the low end price range. Maybe a little nicer than a Cadet.

I'm sure the MVP fanboys will go nuts for these. They look pretty nice, but, as has been said, a lot more information would have been nice... Materials, weight, details on sizes of accessory pockets/drink holders, photos of straps, ect...

Their basket looks like Disc Mania's new one and their bags look like DD's.

At least their stool is cheap.

I'm curious to see how well the bags sell. If I recall correctly, DD discontinued their Commander (Nucleus-sized) bag pretty early on, which would lead me to believe that backpacks sold better.

I wonder if this is an Ogio joint, without the Ogio labeling...

I'm curious to see how well the bags sell. If I recall correctly, DD discontinued their Commander (Nucleus-sized) bag pretty early on, which would lead me to believe that backpacks sold better.

I wonder if this is an Ogio joint, without the Ogio labeling...

Id agree.

From my experiences, 600D chews up quick.

These bag offerings seem to cater to mostly fan boys. They don't offer any game changing features or styles. If I bought any of these it would be the middle sized bag as it at least offers something between my C14 and Gecko.

I expect to see a backpack rolled out soon enough. Tourney bags just don't seem to move well.

600D is certainly better than what the DD Cadet is made out. That thing screams "cheap."

And for the price, I would put the Cell against the Fade Lite as the best starter bag on the market.

600D is certainly better than what the DD Cadet is made out. That thing screams "cheap."

I'm not quite sure how you can say that. The Cadet and Cell look exactly the same. If anything, I'd give the nod to DD's presentation of the bag, as the putter pocket and strap are smoothed out and the water bottle pocket is full.

4980-2.jpg

cell-bag-header.jpg

I know, I have a Cadet, and don't like it. I even said they looked the same, but I'm almost positive the Cadet isn't 600D. And it doesn't have a rigid bottom like the Cell, so your bag is constantly falling over. It basically looks like MVP took the Cadet, and improved it, but is selling it for the same price. We'll see, but I have high hopes.

Honestly, I was hoping for something unique or unusual but these look like all the other bags on the market. I might consider one of these if I was in the market for a new bag but there's definitely no "wow" factor here. I might have to pick up one of those stools though...

Latest posts