• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports Bags & Straps

In the pic there are 12 in the Beaker, 13 in the crunch. 3 putters, 3 mids, 6(beaker)/7(crunch) drivers in each. Roughly the same storage wise, the Beaker just has it split up between the pockets on each side. Overall the Crunch has a little more capacity for discs but mine is almost 2 years old and it has stretched out a bit. I fit 13 in the Beaker today by carrying an extra driver. Beaker stands great with those big balls on the bottom and doesn't calapse on itself like the Crunch. I usually carry 12 even in my c14 so I don't need to cram it to its max. Love the bag

I heard rumor somewhere on here that
Axiom will have the backpack. Would make sense, mvp old school , axiom new school

Seems like the Cell should be bigger than the Nucleus, and that the Beaker doesn't fit the naming convention and should have totally been called the Vacuole.

Anybody have a Lime Beaker? I've been thinking about grabbing one since my local store ran out of Blue ones and they have no idea when they're restocking, but I'm worried I'll one day set the Lime bag down on some long grass and never find it (or my discs in it) again :D

Anybody care to put my mind at ease? :p (or confirm my fears x) )

I'm not sure why they went with biology terms. Everything has been physics or electronics.

I suspect they went with the biology terms (though cell and nucleus can relate to physics and electronics depending on the type*) to differentiate further from their discs and plastics. Makes sense to me that they would use a different style to name their bags, while still staying sciency. :)

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_cell
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_nucleus

I have a Lime green and you will not lose it in the grass.

Thanks, probably a silly worry to begin with. :)
I think I've just got a bit neurotic about any even vaguely green-ish DG things, having spent so much (o gods, SO much...) time looking for my friends yellow-green discs in sunny grass areas :D (we mostly play on grass courses, which may or may not be mowed)

Probably grabbing the lime beaker tomorrow while I go pick up a new Tursas... Bought a tursas today already, but threw it in a pond on my second throw x)

Last edited:
Any word of the comfortability and quality of the straps? They're at a great price point and I'm in the market for a set.

These bags look like Fade bags with a different logo on them. I am not disrespecting them, I think highly of Fade gear, just wondering if Fade is the actual manufacturer.

These bags look like Fade bags with a different logo on them. I am not disrespecting them, I think highly of Fade gear, just wondering if Fade is the actual manufacturer.
I like Fade too but they're not associated in any way with design or manufacture of these. The Beaker looks a lot like a Crunch IMO, and Starter bags really only have one design across the board.

I like Fade too but they're not associated in any way with design or manufacture of these. The Beaker looks a lot like a Crunch IMO, and Starter bags really only have one design across the board.

True.
The pictures of the Nucleus do not show the back side. Is there any way to attach the Nucleus to some type of frame? The Innova's bags have the stool straps that might double as a frame attachment point.

The reason I am asking is that instead of buying another backpack, I am considering buying a 'gym' style bag and attaching it to an ALICE frame.

Some stock images for you

Attachments

• Photo_2015-09-01_12-32-49_AM.jpg
    Photo_2015-09-01_12-32-49_AM.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20150901_003521.JPG
    IMG_20150901_003521.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 50
You would use the hooks where the straps connect. Ive seen a few cart set ups with quad strap bags that way. You wouldnt want just support from the back as it would cause stress on the seams when full all the weight pulls forward vs hang freely.

You would use the hooks where the straps connect. Ive seen a few cart set ups with quad strap bags that way. You wouldnt want just support from the back as it would cause stress on the seams when full all the weight pulls forward vs hang freely.

I hooked a friends Innova pack to an ALICE frame the other day as a test. I used the back hooks to support the weight and the stool loops to keep it locked in place. Without bottom hooks, it's going to bounce and be uncomfortable.
The Alice frame is hard to get on and off anyway, be great for a caddy, but not as a player.
Back to the drawing board for me

Any word of the comfortability and quality of the straps? They're at a great price point and I'm in the market for a set.

I'm looking for this info too. Looking for something to add to my mojo bag to make it a little more comfortable during rounds.

Latest posts