• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

400-500 ft FH drives? Really?

^i forgot to mention one of his go to discs is the champ groove... From hyzerflip sky shots over 60ft trees to 375ft straight tunnel shots I know that it's truly the archer and not the grooved arrows.

There's a smaller guy maybe 5'8" and 140lbs soaking wet here in CT that can get over 400ft easy with the sidearm. I've personally seen him drive an open (initial drive off the tee) par 4 hole using a beat in echo star xcalibur about 420-440ft. He uses champ firebirds to get 350-400ft of controlled power :confused: in situations like long uphill shots and tunnel shots.

He's kind of like barsby or big germ where the sidearm looks effortless and often uses discs like champ eagles and branshees for sidearm hyzerflip touch shots.

It's sometimes more fun to watch him pummel champ gators past 300ft holes then huge drives though.

Ha, we have another buddy that's about the same build that also has lots of power forehand. Similar distances except he uses Champ Bosses. I've seen him flick Zones over 300 now he uses the Gator for that shot. Very powerful throws. He moved to Arizona a few years back so I don't see him as much anymore and therefore no video. I know he posts here from time to time trolling things up. I remember playing against him in Rec years ago and watching him stand still throw a Force about 400ft forehand (he was up against a tree). It blew my mind that he was playing Rec. That was his first and last Rec tourney.

If 400-500 FH drives are so common, shouldn't it be easier to find video proof of them? I've been searching YouTube the last hour and haven't found one. I'd like to see some and nit on a downhill slope.

Kenny Clark and Brian Cook, both pros from WA, say hi. I believe there are vids of them out there somewhere.

I'd say on top of jax11 there are at least 4 other guys in the Chicago area I can think of that can forehand over 400 easy.

2014 Am Worlds, In the distance competition, one of the 16 & Under Junior boys that tied for 1st at 489' threw forehand.

If 400-500 FH drives are so common, shouldn't it be easier to find video proof of them? I've been searching YouTube the last hour and haven't found one. I'd like to see some and nit on a downhill slope.

I'm at around 425 on flat ground, and many people at leagues here in Michigan I've seen go much farther. None of use have a reason t just film our throws to prove the distance. Come out to South-East Michigan and see for yourself. :thmbup:

Years ago (maybe 2010?) not long after Koling started touring as a pro, he was here in Columbia for a one day event. Saw him drive hole 3 on the back course in the long placement forehand, and he was at the edge of the circle, so about 425'. Looked like a routine shot for him even at that point.

Last edited:
I see lots of young guns and chuckers throwing 350 plus with side arms all the time here in Madison. One young lady who pushes 350

You were the first person I thought of when this thread started. Just wait till they post the Viridisk footage of the Crazy Beaver! You crushed it on a few holes.

I can't wait to see the footage. I'm willing to bet Viridisk captured a lot of unique shots.

I agree that a big wingspan seems to help, but isn't required.

I'm 5'7" and throw 750'. I've been told I have the laziest FH in disc golf.

First shot parked the short basket with a Star Xcal, which is 519' slightly downhill maybe 10'.

Ok, flat ground, no wind, 155g Blizzard Boss about 420' hyzer, but not my longest throw:

Standstill, 350':

I have a beat 146g Blizzard Ape. I flick it over 400' with less effort than it takes to push my more stable heavy discs. If you want more D try a blizzard, but watch the wind. I would never flick anything that light into wind.

You realize that first video is downhill and is not really 750' right?

You realize that first video is downhill and is not really 750' right?
Seriously? :\

I'll see if I can get a couple of vids in the next week or so. I pretty much throw my forehand from a stand still. I'd say it resembles a pitcher throwing from the stretch, rock the momentum back a bit then push forward.

Sidewinder we need to play a round one day, you ever head south?

Latest posts