• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4th Annual Hawk Hollow Meet

To get an invitiation complete the poll

• Total voters
Thanks for posting photos.

And thanks everyone for your kind words. I must admit before this years event i was skeptical whether or not we'd have a 5th... but now there is no doubt in my mind we will. :)

Prerube and I have been thinking of ways to accomidate Saturday play schedule so more people can casually play without the need to turn this into a full blown tournament structure. Our idea is basically to have a 2 hour tee-time window from 8am to 10am. Check in your group, sign the waiver, make your donations, then get a scorecard, and go play your round starting wherever you want. The afternoon round would basically work the same way from 1-3pm except you'd be assigned your doubles partner.

Anyway -- if you have other ideas, let me know!

The funny thing is, I didn't even know that I was getting pictures taken of me until now lol Looks like I got caught in the act of being a fat guy.

We got a big shout out yesterday at the Hawk Hollow Am Open for sponsoring the porto-jon. Lol.. it made my weekend :)

Thanks guys!

We should have made a sign to put on the door...

"This box of gagging stink provided by the 2013 DGCR Hawk Hollow Mid-Atlantic Meet
You are Welcome..."

We should have made a sign to put on the door...

"This box of gagging stink provided by the 2013 DGCR Hawk Hollow Mid-Atlantic Meet

You are Welcome..."
surprisingly the thing was cleaned out after us.

or maybe i should say, not surprisingly the thing was cleaned out after us.

Thanks for posting photos.
Prerube and I have been thinking of ways to accomidate Saturday play schedule so more people can casually play without the need to turn this into a full blown tournament structure. Our idea is basically to have a 2 hour tee-time window from 8am to 10am. Check in your group, sign the waiver, make your donations, then get a scorecard, and go play your round starting wherever you want. The afternoon round would basically work the same way from 1-3pm except you'd be assigned your doubles partner.

Anyway -- if you have other ideas, let me know!

I like the idea of letting folks randomly start out for the morning session but you may need to be more structured for the assigned doubles round. If a foursome takes 3+ hours for the morning round (hypothetically speaking :eek: :eek:) they wouldn't be done till after you're 1pm start time and the doubles may get paired up wrong.

BTW - I missed not having the CTPs - suggest leaving them out all day Saturday.

Have you thought about doing our own small Tiki course - 3-4 four baskets w/ multiple tees? Limited to around the buildings so we don't have to worry about cow pies. I'd be willing to bring a basket.

Have you thought about doing our own small Tiki course - 3-4 four baskets w/ multiple tees? Limited to around the buildings so we don't have to worry about cow pies. I'd be willing to bring a basket.

i like it but this idea has been brought up numerous times over the past years, and we've been directed to keep this activity at the blockhouse.

I had a blast this year playing nine holes at Hawk Hallow Friday afternoon and then sticking around the campfire drinking beer and telling stories. Nothing against the Blockhouse, but they just start too late and it takes too long.

I was thinking next year we order a bunch of pizza's Friday night and hold a Texas Hold'em Tournament. Buy in is a new disc, winner takes all.

Just thinking out loud.