• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

5 year old

SomeChump

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
My 5 year old asked me to get her a real disc golf disc today. She finally figured out how to throw and catch the cheapie today. I ordered her a polecat 100 g disc.

I have great hopes.

right on dude! Sounds like family time isn't lame time with you. :)

Well done!
I have a friend who plays with his 13 year old. They have been playing for a few years now, I am waiting for his little friends to catch on...

Sweet, that is nice and light!

I got our 6yo a 136g rage but she like the 170g teerex better.

My wife's son flies down late June and is going to attend a 3 day class on disc golf...we asked him and he said he loves it so it will be sweet having someone else to play with...hopefully the clinic will do him good...worse case it gets him some of his own stuff. (starter kit comes with).

That's cool! I got my 4 year old daughter a 100g Edge Polecat this past Christmas myself. It was awesome one day coming home to my wife (who shows virtually no interest in dg) and daughter putting around one of my Skillshots set up in the front yard.

I didn't even mind having to get out the ladder to get my wife's first throw off of the roof.

Have fun!

That's cool! I got my 4 year old daughter a 100g Edge Polecat this past Christmas myself. It was awesome one day coming home to my wife (who shows virtually no interest in dg) and daughter putting around one of my Skillshots set up in the front yard.

I didn't even mind having to get out the ladder to get my wife's first throw off of the roof.

Have fun!
This should be how disc golfers are identified. We should all go out and get a Polecat to throw on the roof. Then when we drive down the street we can identify each other.

To everybody else we will just look like dip**** hippies with a Frisbee on the roof.

This should be how disc golfers are identified. We should all go out and get a Polecat to throw on the roof. Then when we drive down the street we can identify each other.

To everybody else we will just look like dip**** hippies with a Frisbee on the roof.

I love it! it's like the old hobo code.:D

I live in an apartment building, I wonder how many other discs would be on the roof, or if I'm the only one??
Ooh and when you're house-hunting you can judge the neighborhood by the number of discs on the roofs.

I love hearing stories of kids getting into the sport. Played in a tournament where I knew both mom and Dad were avid DGers and low and behold their two year old son was making forehand putts from 20 to 30 ft out. That was getting the biggest cheers of the day, even bigger than the Final 7 with the pros.

Last Christmas I got a couple EDGE Polecats (102g & 106g) for my Niece and Nephew, ages 2 and 4 at the time. Who knows... maybe future world champions?!

Got my daughter started last summer when she was 3. She is 4 now, and can get her 175g Cheetah 30 feet on good throws.

I am half way to a century and did not start throwing disc golf discs till my thirties.
My first event ever was at the age of 39.

I can only imagine what it would be like if I had started DG in my youth.

All I can say is ANYONE who gets a kid involved in the sport is da man... great job!

Wow, dip**** got censored. I feel all...well, censored! :mad:

I never realized that was a built-in sensor?!...interesting

Back on topic:
I have a son that just turned 2, and he likes to get out in the yard and throw discs with me. I hope that he will take an interest as he gets older. I played recently at Radcliff City Park, and my wife and son went with me. She was going to let him play on the playground equipment, but when we pulled up, and he saw the chains, he went and got some discs out of my bag and just had to go dump them in. That's my boy!

there is at least 1 guy on this board that has seen my 6 yr old son play...i'm not gonna sit here and talk about how good he is. we play almost everyday and my son follows along with our group and he throws from the same teeboxes and shoots at the same baskets as us....pretty impressive is all.
i dont know the exact weight but its around 145-149 Innova Ace. He throws forehand/backhand and even has a roller that he throws. If i can keep him in the sports he will be very good by the time he is an early teen. Good times...Everytime we go to a new course others groups that are playing always stop and say" Did you see that kid throw?"

I love the looks you get when you're playing with a kid who really gets it. I took a friend's 7 year old to the course, and he's definitely a natural athlete. His first throw (RHFH) was a big 100' spike hyzer. I gave him a couple pointers, and his next drive was a nice 180' s-curve. By the end of the round he was consistently throwing 220' with a reasonable amount of accuracy, and getting lots of people stopping to watch him throw. Unfortunately we don't live by them any more, I would have loved to see him develop as a player, especially since he loved the game, and always begged me to take him discing.

I gave my nephew a few of my old discs (beat up cheetah, spider) and bought him his own polecat! 130g I think....he LOVES it...he is only 4 though and he doesn't have enough attention to listen to uncle mike on how to throw, but he gets a good 50' chuck when he gets on it...everytime he sees a "frisbee" its now called a "disc" LOL....he always wants to throw at my basket in the backyard when he comes over and most of the time ill go out there and let him throw a little...its tough trying to teach the younger kids becuase it seems like they just wanna throw it? maybe its just him...but anyways best of luck to you! haha

Have fun!

Fressbeetarians believe that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck :)

There's a frisbee on my roof at all times ;)

That polecat came today. Man 100g is really light. She can huck that thing 40 feet on a good throw. Her accuracy is pretty bad though. Ranges about 180 degrees. :) But she loves it.

Latest posts