• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

50-60ft away from basket?

assuming flat ground all around and no OB danger, I'm using a slightly lighter Aviar and going for a normal putt with a bit more height and hyzer. I'm maybe only 15-25% from that distance anyway, so if there is any danger whatsoever I'm putting at the base of the pole with a Nova for some safe hit-n-stick goodness.

From 50 feet out, I'm likely to switch to my more stable putter (unless the green has some serious elevation change). Inside the circle, I'll typically throw Magics (something neutral) but after 50' or so, I switch out to the Wizard.

Jump putt with putting putter usually, sometimes I'll use a really beat DX Aviar that has a lot of glide if I need to eek out a bit more distance to get there.

Regular putt. I might step through from momentum, but I don't consciously decide to do it beforehand.

It really depends on the situation.
Short answer= Toss-Putt with the Serpent or Scale (slower putters, can be thrown and will fly straight, but sit down to avoid running past the basket)
__

I understand that a lot of people want to say 'regular putt' But at that distance you will need to putt significant height on the putt. This height, especially in wind, obstacles, or elevation can lead to some blow-aways, rollaways, and random off-point hyzers over the basket. (not always of course)

What I would do is either a jump putt more direct at the basket or a 'toss-putt' in which I line up planted, but have a mild torso twist and throwing motion but with more finesse always releasing with my arm extended and pointing at the basket.

I've tossed in a lot more putts at 50-60 this way.

I practice this in the yard, measured at 50-60-70. I am more likely to sink the shot with a modified toss than a putt-stance putt. Again, thats me. But I recommend it.
Also, prefer a slower putter, something that won't "get-away-from-you" if you follow through and it zips by the basket.

Whale, Scale, Serpent, Berg are all viable options,

I also think that "regular putt" at that distance will regularly lead to pizza tossing a shot that ends up short anyway, If you want to MAKE the putt, try my method out ;)

accepting the lay-up isn't always fun

At 50' - 60' I'm running the basket! Putt or jump putt depending on the line. Switching from my Classic (Hard) Warden to a Blend or Fluid depending on wind and landing conditions...

If open, I just putt... at least since I finally figured things out a few days ago. At a night doubles league I went to the other day I was lucky enough to sink 2 putts from 50-55ft and 3 others over 35ft. All stand still normal putts.

It depends a lot on putting style and how much you can get on your putt at what distance. When I first started my "normal" putt barely had the power to reach the basket at 25ft. Now through tweaking and grip that range is increasing with every round it seems.

50-60ft. out jump putt. I figured out how to jump putt when I made it an extension of my existing form, not a new maneuver altogether.

regular stance, with more hyzer than I would from closer in.

Unless the wind is blowing 30+ MPH, just putt as normal. Perhaps with a little extra spin, and a touch of hyzer.

Step putt, and running it regardless of how much of a death putt it is. Aim a bit right, and keep the nose just a hair up and let it glide in close or just drop in. I've been pretty good from 40' out lately, maybe 4o-50% go in, can't hit squat from 25-30' though :(

What do you do when you're 50 to 60 feet away from the basket? Standstill,jump putt,layup,etc.?

I have used all the tactics listed above, including the etc. The situation dictates which will work best.

Do you use your inside the circle putter or a different disc?

Not circle putter, but a similar disc in size and feel, only with increased glide. This allows for a motion similar to a circle putt, without having to over power the throw.

I usually jump putt outside the circle. I can run at it well, but not go to far away.

I can spin putt or loft putt standing still easily as far its just a different line. Spin putt sometimes will go way far. And nothing wrong with my loftish putt it just doesn't go in the basket as often. Ill use it when i cant go more then 10 ft away behind it or to go over some obstacles.

Really dependant on wind and slope of lie and "green". That's about the range where I start to jump-putt if it's not deathish past the basket. Normal putting putter unless wind is going strong.