• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"51" rules

Back in the 90's many of us were all in every dubs round at Brewer but not everyone paid, we just let it go. We didn't call it 51 yet, it was just an agreement that an ace was worth 5 bucks, back at the old layout an ace actually meant something. Now I see a load of 200 foot holes that just make me feel like I have little t-rex arms.

51?

I usually like to play it.

I guess things are different here in MN, because "51" is ALWAYS in play. I remember the first time I hit metal and my group told me that was a buck from everyone. They also warned me that if I accepted a dollar from everyone I was in for life no questions. Word gets around about the guys who don't pay or forget to pay pretty quick. Most of the guys who don't pay are the type of players that no one wants on their card.

May the bogey God's seek vengence on those who do not pay after they have accepted a 51 payout!

we buy each other ice cream for achievements (it's expensive ice cream)

nothing better than a tub of priem-o stuff on a hot ohio day in june/july/august after a few rounds

51 isn't widely use around nroth west Florida that I've heard of.

OH and:
Now I see a load of 200 foot holes that just make me feel like I have little t-rex arms.

images

In STL, the "51 Club" is in effect at all times once you have accepted cash for the first time. If you don't want to be part of the "51 Club", then don't accept cash the first time you hit metal in front of some members and they all start digging in their wallets. I would say 90% of people join the club when they are given the option, but there are also some stubborn old pros that don't want anything to do with it. That is fine. To each their own. There is also the option of turning off the "51 Club" option, as a group, before the round starts. This is a viable option at a couple of our local courses (White Birch comes to mind) because the holes are all basically pitch-n-putts. Most people, however, roll the dice and just go with it anyway.

There is nothing worse than forgetting to announce that the "51 Club" is in effect before the round and then being the first person to hit metal. That is why we made it an understood agreement that doesn't need to be announced.

In STL, the "51 Club" is in effect at all times once you have accepted cash for the first time. If you don't want to be part of the "51 Club", then don't accept cash the first time you hit metal in front of some members and they all start digging in their wallets. I would say 90% of people join the club when they are given the option, but there are also some stubborn old pros that don't want anything to do with it. That is fine. To each their own. There is also the option of turning off the "51 Club" option, as a group, before the round starts. This is a viable option at a couple of our local courses (White Birch comes to mind) because the holes are all basically pitch-n-putts. Most people, however, roll the dice and just go with it anyway.

There is nothing worse than forgetting to announce that the "51 Club" is in effect before the round and then being the first person to hit metal. That is why we made it an understood agreement that doesn't need to be announced.

It's the same around here. If you've accepted the 5 bucks before then you gotta pay up. It's always on.

It's the same around here. If you've accepted the 5 bucks before then you gotta pay up. It's always on.

If you make it to MN for a round and play with any locals, you'd better have brought your wallet. Otherwise you'll be known as that Bunk dude from ______ that stiffed me on 51...

If there is an ace pot, then I don't pay $5, but I will always pay $1 for metal, and $5 for an ace when there is no ace pot. I don't expect to get paid if I do it, so it is a nice bonus when I do, and there are no hard feelings if I don't. It's just a few bucks after all. Nothing to get upset about.

If you make it to MN for a round and play with any locals, you'd better have brought your wallet. Otherwise you'll be known as that Bunk dude from ______ that stiffed me on 51...

And they'll be the dick that got all pissy cuz I don't play 51.

If I am bowling with someone, and I witness him get a strike, do I owe him $5 or does this only apply to DG? What if he gets a spare?.. Is it a dollar?

kingpin1.jpg

I guess things are different here in MN, because "51" is ALWAYS in play. I remember the first time I hit metal and my group told me that was a buck from everyone.

Thats exactly how I was taught, whereabouts in MN are you?

They also warned me that if I accepted a dollar from everyone I was in for life no questions.

my friend hit his first ace last summer and declined the payment because he didn't want to be stuck with it. haha

I guess things are different here in MN, because "51" is ALWAYS in play. I remember the first time I hit metal and my group told me that was a buck from everyone. They also warned me that if I accepted a dollar from everyone I was in for life no questions. Word gets around about the guys who don't pay or forget to pay pretty quick. Most of the guys who don't pay are the type of players that no one wants on their card.

May the bogey God's seek vengence on those who do not pay after they have accepted a 51 payout!

Way to turn innocent little disc golf into poker night at the Moose Lodge. :|

Latest posts