• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"51" rules

I'm always in. People around here are don't really know about it though. I'm going to start saying you accept a dollar you're in for life. I like that. :)

Can you block people from hijacking your threads? bergdawg and chain-addicted need to be sent back to their toolshed. They obviously don't play 51 or have the set to attempt membership into the club.

Im in but I dont think you can make others. if someone doesnt want to play they dont have to. I have played rds with Bergdawg and I dont think he takes the money. I wouldnt call this hijacking its on topic. still a crappy thread tho.

They obviously don't play 51 or have the set to attempt membership into the club.

Lol, what's next? Are the MN guys gonna get bored with 51 and start playing for "pinks" (bags) like Doupie was saying in that thread a while back? I better start seeing some scantily clad Japanese girls hanging around tee #1 with some systems blaring. :D

I'll pay 51 but I have rules
The kid that lives across the street from hole 9 and walks over to play a few holes isn't getting paid, he has and will hit one.
Anyone jumping in mid round will not be paid. Unless they were expected and got delayed or something.
My reasoning for these two rules is that you obviously arn't playing for score if you jump in and so why not just ace run. I suppose I would pay if it was a very impressive shot, may depend on the person also.
In mini's I will pay $1 for metal but the ace pot takes care of the $5. The card splitting the pot is the norm in that case anyway.
In PDGA events, I was once given $5 by a guy who aced on my card and I thought that was really cool so I will do the same if I hit one. The guy actualy took the time to go find all the guys on the card after he got paid.
If we are just playing holes before a round to warm up, I will not pay. (Again depends on the shot and the person.)
If I don't have the money to pay you with me, please remind me next time as I will forget.

So all you 51 players how much freakin cash do you carry in your bag? I normally keep my wallet in the car during all of my rounds. I have hit aces never been paid. I have also seen aces hit never paid.

What I am part of is a $20 bet over the season on who gets the most aces. Keeps it simple and I don't have to carry cash with me everywhere.

So all you 51 players how much freakin cash do you carry in your bag? I normally keep my wallet in the car during all of my rounds. I have hit aces never been paid. I have also seen aces hit never paid.

What I am part of is a $20 bet over the season on who gets the most aces. Keeps it simple and I don't have to carry cash with me everywhere.

$6.00

I carry what i have. if I dont have it on me i will get it to them later. i will pay for any ace that I see. an ace is an ace. It doesnt even have to be on my card. If I "see" it. I am paying. now metal hits........ if its not on my card im not paying. otherwise, basket and up gets a buck.

Keeping your wallet in your car is always safer than your pocket. Especially if there's any money or credit card in it....

Can you block people from hijacking your threads? bergdawg and chain-addicted need to be sent back to their toolshed. They obviously don't play 51 or have the set to attempt membership into the club.

Bergdawg plays, he's ALWAYS the first to get the money out, I never have to wonder if he'll pay, one guy I know who hates owing people money, even if just a dollar.

Unlike some of my other "friends" who play 51 when they hit, but never seem to have the cash when someone else hits....."I'll get it to you later" is a guarantee that you WON'T get it later. But by damn, their hand is out if they so much as graze metal.

HONOR YOUR BETS. No matter the game. No matter the amount.

We don't play 51 up here but we do pay $5 for an ace. You hit metal the best you are going to get is me in the background yelling "heart breaking folks....so close"

i always have a 5'r in my bag just in case

I certainly don't get upset if someone doesn't pay, but those who know, know. I have more respect for the guys that do pay. I think its a cool little tradition.

Latest posts