• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

5th Course at Lemon Lake, Crown Point, Indiana

Bart

Bogey Member
Lake County Parks have hired 3 disc golfers to maintain the 4 existing courses and build course number 5 this summer with the 6th course slated for next summer. Keep up to date at the Facebook site for Lemon Lake

This could make NW Indiana even more of a good road trip destination. Rodgers Lakewood plus 6-7 quality courses and... nice! :thmbup:

Thanks for the update info!

Any idea when the course is going in at PNC? :confused:

Sheet, we play those courses year round. LL Gold is actually best in late Autumn early Winter, imho.

Yea Rogers Lakewood is a gem. I sponsored hole 24 and this year we upgraded the pin...it is now hanging and a little longer with a drop off behind the basket (evil grin)...PNC is being installed by some guy downstate named Mike Jenneman...he has been less than congenial to us NW Indiana discers and we are out of his loop....hope he does great things there.

PNC has a grand opening date of Aug. 20th,check his Facebook page. I believe Brian Cummings is helping?

Yea Rogers Lakewood is a gem. I sponsored hole 24 and this year we upgraded the pin...it is now hanging and a little longer with a drop off behind the basket (evil grin)...PNC is being installed by some guy downstate named Mike Jenneman...he has been less than congenial to us NW Indiana discers and we are out of his loop....hope he does great things there.

Do like the new pin on 24! :thmbup:

Sorry to hear about the "less than congenial" situation out at PNC.

Had a buddy mention that he went out to scope out what's been done so far and I guess some tees are in, but no signs...can't remember if he said baskets were in or not. :\

Mike Jenneman is not an older dude, originally from Wisconsin; is he?

Edit: Nevermind; I believe I was thinking of Jeff Jenneman (whom I have not seen for years....)

Last edited:
Thread jack! He has posted (Mike Jenneman) on his facebook page,that the concrete tees are done and the front spiderweb baskets are installed. The Tee signs and back 9 baskets will be in the week. The Grand Opening is Aug. 20th!

Considering the Global event is at Lemon Lake that weekend, might have been a better date for a Grand Opening.

Threadjack again. The front 11 are playable at PNC. There are some flow issues on the back half of the course or some long walks between holes. Several of the baskets on the back half only have the bottom part installed. No signage is up yet, just posts on some holes. Benches have been placed at nearly half of the holes.

Threadjack continuation. :p :D

PNC is now playable and all baskets are in. No signage as of yet, check the review for navigation tips.

What color designation is this course going to be?

Last I was out at LL, they had cut several fairways for the new course...that was a bit ago though, and I'm not sure where anything stands now. Seemed like still quite a bit of work left...

Where is this new course? Are baskets up?

Heading over there tomorrow - even if I can't play it, it would be neat to check out.

Played LL Red and Gold on Friday and Saturday. (9-30 & 10-1) It was my first visit there. Very nice destination. The wind was ripping down # 8 and in my face on #9...but in the woods... a total blast and would have played the Gold again on Saturday had there not been a pesky wedding to attend.The Gold Course is in beautiful shape with the under growth in the woods very sparse ( pretty easy to find a disc off the fairway) and the leaves just begining to change colors.

I don't know if it was the wind or what, but I teed off #1 at 9:15 and played an entire round without seeing a soul. Great DG experience. The Gold Course from the longs is simply a blast. Difficult, yes, but entirely managable for a strong rec of good intermediate player.

What I most enjoyed was how the length coupled with the wooded fairways really forced me to be patient off the tee and hit the fairway and then, because I can only throw about 300' or so, I often had a long and challenging second shot.

My advice...go there now and play. Warm up on the Red Course and then go enjoy the Gold.

Well???

Getting back on track: Any updates as to progress (or lack thereof) on new course at Lemon Lake?

How far along is it?
Where in the park is it located?
Has it got a name? (I like Cgkdisc's tie-die suggestion)
When's it gonna be finished?

Inquiring minds want to know!
:popcorn:

Latest posts