• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

93EXCivic's 2018 bag

93EXCivic

Double Eagle Member
Putters:
150g Lightning Upshot: long straddle putts, touch FHs, touch OHs, touch straight upshots, short turnovers, etc
175g Supersoft Omega Big Bead: main putter
175g DT Omega Big Bead: approach/ straight driving putter
170g Pro D Zone- beat in. OS driving putter
175g Sparkle Z Flx Zone- very OS putter

Fairways:
175g Champ Glow Gazelle- OS shorter fairway
170g DX Gazelle- straight shorter fairway driver
170g DX Gazelle- beat in. Turnover shorter fairway
175g Armorflex Raptor- OS control driver. Headwind FHs, spike hyzers, OHs
161g Buffalo- OS control driver.
170g Z Heat- frozen rope longer fairway
162g X Heat- turnover longer fairway

Distance:
150g Zero G Quasar- max distance

Utility:
175 g Stego- mostly FH rollers, sometimes for when I need all the fade
164 g X Heat- very beat in. utility levels of flippiness

This has been my bag since basically the end of September or so 2017. 8 molds and no traditional mids. Personally I find that I get the same distance as I would with say a Roc out of my beat in Pro D Zone and at this point it is pretty straight. There may a small gap where a understable mid would go but I usually get away with throwing my most understable Gazelle on a lower line or a forehand.

The only thing I might change about this setup is I want to try out retry out the JLS at somepoint against the Heat. I gained about 50ft of distance over the last few months of 2017. I'd like to get another 25 to hit 400 consistently but my number on goal is to improve my putting.

Putters:
175g DX Polecat- driving putter
175g DX Polecat- putting putter
150g DX Polecat- long straddle putts, touch FHs, touch OHs, touch straight upshots, short turnovers, etc
175g puddle top ESP Zone- very OS putter

Mids:
Daredevil Caribou/Grizzly vs Aurora MS- I was playing a course the other day and realized I was being really stupid not carrying an understable mid. One of these two molds will end up being my straight to understable mid.

Fairways:
170g Z Heat vs 170g JLS vs 170g OLS- frozen rope longer fairway

Utility:

I am currently making some changes to my bag. I am dropping the Quasar for everything except maybe tournament rounds as I don't think throwing a speed 13 driver is doing me any favors. I am dropping the Omega BB and Upshot for the Polecat. I really liked the Omega BB but I am just more comfortable putting with the Polecat and if I am carrying the Polecat might as well replace the Upshot with a Polecat. The Upshot is a touch more flippy. I am also attempting to drop the Stego for a ESP Zone. The Stego was pretty much only in there for FH rollers and so far the ESP Zone seems to roll pretty well. I am testing out the JLS vs OLS vs the Heat. Not sure which one I am going to end up bagging but I am trying different discs out because I want something that can replace my beat in Buffalo. So I want something that is more stable then the Heat. Both the JLS and OLS in standard plastic seem to be about the same stability as the Z Heat so it would seem that a Q JLS or OLS would give me this. The reason I want to replace the Buffalo is because as it beats in it gets to this awkward point where it has lots of turn and a decent amount of fade and I rarely throw it once it get there.

Finally I am looking at adding a understable mid into the bag. I found that although I might not throw it on every course it is to useful to not have one.

So that will put me at 6 molds hopefully.

93EXCivic, you have one of the most interesting bag threads on this board. Maybe it's because I sense that we may have similar throwing styles. It's refreshing to read about someone who throws a lot of fairways and isn't hung up on distance drivers. Anyway, keep updating this because it's good stuff!

Last edited:
Nice setup. Curious about the Buffalo. What would you compare it to?

It starts like a DX Firebird I think but some of the LSS beats out pretty quickly. It seems to hold that for a while then it starts to lose HSS while retaining LSS and when it gets to this point it seems to say there for a while.

Putters:
175g DX Polecat- driving putter
175g DX Polecat- putting putter
150g DX Polecat- long straddle putts, touch FHs, touch OHs, touch straight upshots, short turnovers, etc
170g Pro D Zone- fresh. More OS driving putter

Mids:
180g Daredevil Grizzly- slightly OS mid. I have really like this disc so far. It seems to have similar LSS stability to my beat in Pro D Zone with maybe a bit less HSS. I am going to keep trying this disc but I am not 100% sure I need it.
178g Daredevil Caribou- straight to understable mid. This disc has been in and out of my bag but it has been my favorite understable mid. I find it more comfortable in the hand then a Comet and the flight is very similar to an X Comet.

Fairways:
170g JLS- frozen rope longer fairway

Utility:
175g puddle top ESP Zone- very OS putter

I have settled on the JLS. I need to get a beat in one to replace the X Heats. I have a Q JLS that I just got in to try out to replace the Buffalo. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

It starts like a DX Firebird I think but some of the LSS beats out pretty quickly. It seems to hold that for a while then it starts to lose HSS while retaining LSS and when it gets to this point I don't seem to have much use for it so it ends up coming out of the bag

I hate the edit feature locks you out after 5 minutes. Super freaking annoying. Anyway fixed.