• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] A Berg, a Drone, and a Stego Walk Into a Bar . . .

GripEnemy

*Super Moderator*
Staff member
Premium Member
I do NOT want recommendations to other molds. Comparisons are fine but no recommendations please.

Can these three coexist?

Drone will never leave my bag. Berg *probably* the same. I randomly purchased a pair of Stego's the other day...I've test thrown one years ago.

:popcorn:

You can use all three as the shot shapes are unique if you have the the shots to make them work for you.

The Drone is usually much longer than the other two and can usually manufacture some turn at speed. The Berg doesn't really fade like the other two, so it can be relied on heavily to hit and stick without a ton of left to right movement.

The Stego is the only one of these I bag, and it can be used to do fading spike hyzers low skip shots and flexes that the other two can't do.

I actually think the three could be good complements.

I wouldn't see why not. I always bag a Berg and bag a Stego from time to time. Like moose said, the Drone should be way longer than the other two.

You still bagging that old ass 08' or whatever it is Drone?

My Berg is not truly OS, so it could easily coexist with the others. I no longer bag anything truly over stable, so my Zone just sits on a rack.

No overlap.
Drone: long, stable approaches
Stego: short flex shots with lotsa movement, awkward corners, rollers
Berg: short, straight approaches

Something like a Harp/Zone/Tactic overlaps both the Stego and Drone

I never found Bergs to be truly OS.

They just don't glide very well.

Drones are OS, but not in the Stego realm.

So, yes.

Bergs are high speed stable little low speed stability. Stego is stego. Drone is glidey and stable to over stable. I actually think the 3 compliment each other well.

Stego-Berg-Demon in my bag is actually pretty similar.

I wouldn't see why not. I always bag a Berg and bag a Stego from time to time. Like moose said, the Drone should be way longer than the other two.

You still bagging that old ass 08' or whatever it is Drone?

Yes sir! Still can't believe it got returned to me after being lost for a year or more (this was a good 5 years ago)...it's the first Drone I ever threw. I also bag it's twin that's much less beat! Both got a pink bath though because pink discs=best discs. Still have one more 10/10 that's still white, I sold all my other 08' Worlds ones.

High on the ESP, still FLX (unlike stock FLX that's softer).

Never thrown a Drone but Berg and Stego easily coexist. Bergs are point-and-shoot hit-and-stick. Stego's utility but when you need it nothing else will do

Your bag so it's your rules on what stays… I bag both an AGL Baobab which is very Stego-like and also a Prodigy A1, they do similar things at similar speeds under 200' but are used in totally different situations.

Your bag so it's your rules on what stays… I bag both an AGL Baobab which is very Stego-like and also a Prodigy A1, they do similar things at similar speeds under 200' but are used in totally different situations.

I'm close to this: Stegs, A2, Zone.

And I swear they each have a distinct advantage in actual golf situations!

I'm close to this: Stegs, A2, Zone.

And I swear they each have a distinct advantage in actual golf situations!

They really do. I used A2/Stego/Justice today a lot and what I use them for it totally different.

Played a quick 9 before fishing with my brother today, threw both Stegos on every hole. Wasn't the best course to test them out but I was on a time crunch...I couldn't throw a good FH roller until hole #8. They seemed to excel at cut rollers and when I tried to throw "laser" ones they'd still turn right on me - not left like a normal disc. Thought that was interesting!

Small bag I can't see carrying all three but with one of my backpacks seems promising.

Next question is do I throw the...base plastic one (forget, Tarpit firm maybe?) until it's beat in and add the Amber or just go Amber until I lose it and have an east replacement for the worn Amber? Hmmm

Caught a dozen or more small mouths, a few rock bass, and two chunky large mouths:D

If you put a Drone out to ~300' or more, then yes.

I do:)

Next question is do I throw the...base plastic one (forget, Tarpit firm maybe?) until it's beat in and add the Amber or just go Amber until I lose it and have an east replacement for the worn Amber? Hmmm

I am struggling with this for the Stego. I love the Amber plastic, and it's more beefy out the gate, which is nice.

But the tarpit loses more energy on impact...so it's nice for error minimization.

So...tarpit. (as he continues to bag the Amber that he just likes for some reason)

I couldn't throw a good FH roller until hole #8. They seemed to excel at cut rollers and when I tried to throw "laser" ones they'd still turn right on me - not left like a normal disc. Thought that was interesting!

If you let them go at a tomahawk/overhand angle they'll finish left.

Played a quick 9 before fishing with my brother today, threw both Stegos on every hole. Wasn't the best course to test them out but I was on a time crunch...I couldn't throw a good FH roller until hole #8. They seemed to excel at cut rollers and when I tried to throw "laser" ones they'd still turn right on me - not left like a normal disc. Thought that was interesting!

Small bag I can't see carrying all three but with one of my backpacks seems promising.

Caught a dozen or more small mouths, a few rock bass, and two chunky large mouths:D

I do:)

I've literally driven a Stego into a maple tree, over and over, and it's all warped and cloverleafed, but it's just as OS as it was when it was new, so good luck "beating" one in.

I really like the feel of these new Tar Pit Firms. They're sticky and grippy but really feel solid in the hand.

That said... I usually just bag an Amber now bc they're bulletproof.

I really like the feel of these new Tar Pit Firms. They're sticky and grippy but really feel solid in the hand.

That said... I usually just bag an Amber now bc they're bulletproof.

I like my Amber, it may end up being my main. I think the Glow is more OS still but not by a lot. May try to make that transition over the next few weeks.

Latest posts