• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A change of heart about disc golf courses

Just did a quick search. Of the 3518 courses in the US that have at least one review - 185 are rated one disc or lower. Approx 5 %!! There's an additional 5% that haven't even been reviewed. So roughly 10% of the courses are poor to abysmal or nobody serious about the game cares enough to bother to post a review.
Or due to remote location or restricted access issues they are in places that make them not all that accessible, and hence aren't worth the gas money and other headaches to go play.

I thought about taking some pictures at Camp Pendleton, but then changed my mine. Was not sure how such an act would be taken by the Marines who live at the Bachelor's Enlisted Quarters - Barracks. They might think, what the 'F' is this guy doing taken pictures of our Barracks, and beat my ass yet again! The first beating for hitting them with a disc or breaking their window. I can not explain how close the first basket is to the building and windows.

I took some pictures and they didn't care, that is definitely one of the oddest courses I've played with concrete fairways and baskets against buildings.

If you want to see an even funnier view of Sunset, check out the close zoom of it on Google maps, which show the park while it was under construction. You can actually see the snake head feature pictured above plus all six tee boxes, which kind of give you a perspective of how short and crammed the holes are.

34rdif5.jpg

From the course description of Sunset Park here on the good ol' DGCR:

"Short course designed for kids and beginning players. Experienced players should treat it as a SuperClass course - use discs larger than 25 cent. in diameter with round edges."

So, yes, it may not be great for everyone to throw on, but it serves a purpose. I would love to have a short course to teach kids on in the area. More exposure for the sport.

And, the point of DGCR is to educate people about the courses. Look up the info. before you make the trip and you won't waste your time.

I'm throwin' a Viper.

But seriously - this is what Brys and Wyandotte Memorial are like. Courses that play to close (or essentialy all around) other partk usesr are an injustice to both players and non-players alike. Not a good way to bring DG to the masses. :doh:

Worst way to find out about disc golf, you or your kid being hit by a disc.:|

From the course description of Sunset Park here on the good ol' DGCR:

"Short course designed for kids and beginning players. Experienced players should treat it as a SuperClass course - use discs larger than 25 cent. in diameter with round edges."

So, yes, it may not be great for everyone to throw on, but it serves a purpose. I would love to have a short course to teach kids on in the area. More exposure for the sport.

And, the point of DGCR is to educate people about the courses. Look up the info. before you make the trip and you won't waste your time.

You just won the internet. :clap:

If you want to see an even funnier view of Sunset, check out the close zoom of it on Google maps, which show the park while it was under construction. You can actually see the snake head feature pictured above plus all six tee boxes, which kind of give you a perspective of how short and crammed the holes are.

34rdif5.jpg

The snakehead from ground level looks kind of cool, but from the air it looks pretty terrifying!

Latest posts