• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Christmas Gift Certificate for my son and brother-in-law

Flyguy46

Par Member
Premium Member
Hey folks,

I am super excited to be planning a road trip to Emporia, Kansas with my son and brother-in-law. I am giving them a gift certificate for a weekend of disc golf in Emporia.

We don't have any dates set as of yet. Likely will be after my son is out of school for the summer. I would love any and all suggestions on absolute must courses to play.

FYI, this will be my son's second season playing disc golf. He will be 8 but has a really good attitude about playing different courses and learning. His game has improved immeasurably from earlier this summer and by next summer he will have a ton of mileage down on the course.

Thank you in advance and I hope to meet some of you on the course or courses we plan to play.

Hey folks,

I am super excited to be planning a road trip to Emporia, Kansas with my son and brother-in-law. I am giving them a gift certificate for a weekend of disc golf in Emporia.

We don't have any dates set as of yet. Likely will be after my son is out of school for the summer. I would love any and all suggestions on absolute must courses to play.

FYI, this will be my son's second season playing disc golf. He will be 8 but has a really good attitude about playing different courses and learning. His game has improved immeasurably from earlier this summer and by next summer he will have a ton of mileage down on the course.

Thank you in advance and I hope to meet some of you on the course or courses we plan to play.

My son played Flint, Hammond, Peter Pan & Country Club. Of what we saw/played Hammond was a cool little short 9 hole course and Peter Pan was really good too. I'd definitely take an 8 y/o to those two.

Country Club was open, long, windy and hot and neither of us would want to ever play it again. We both play hard courses on the regular but CC is just a golf course. Well designed and kinda scenic in parts, but just throwing on a golf course is not our cup of tea.

Never made it over to the Jones courses because I guess they were considered a little too long for the 10 & under crowd at the time. No big deal because around here they wouldn't be considered anything more than average imo.

Other thing I'll say is Emporia is a great dg destination in the sense that the whole city buys into it and there are a lot of good courses and it has DD there (and its awesome store), but the courses and golf itself aren't really world class. We took a road trip to Charlotte this year and there's no comparison, Charlotte is world class golf.

Of course it depends on what kind of golf you like but I think Charlotte and Cincinnati each have 10 courses better than anything offered in Emporia. Just imo.

Sam is 10 and will play with me some, but he is not "into it".

Happy for you that your son is into playing such that a trip like this is a treat for him.

The East Coast is a whole different trip for a different time unfortunately not in the cards for this coming year.