• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] A Comprehensive Speed 12 Poll

Which speed 12 driver do you prefer?

• Discraft Force

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Innova Destroyer

Votes: 87 44.2%
  • Dynamic Discs Tresspass

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Westside Sword

Votes: 34 17.3%
  • Prodigy D-series

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • DGA Hurricane

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Millennium Scorpius

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Discmania DD Hysteria

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Latitude 64 Havoc

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Gateway Slayer

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
From what I've heard about the DD, the S lines are beefy and will handle headwinds okay, and the P lines will wear into a nice distance driver.

Although I've never thrown one, I have played with someone who just used an S line, and a Aviar Driver. It looked like it was beefy to me.

Are you looking to throw BH or FH?

I vote for a Trespass for BH, the new DD/Lat64 plastic is just downright spectacular, and extremely consistent. The Lucid plastic is super gummy and flex's nicely on hard throws, and always comes back. The Destroyer/Innova plastic is sometimes inconsistent, hard to find depth of a favorite make/plastic from older runs, although their new champ plastic is excellent.

I vote Force for FH, Z plastic for distance shots 250+.

From what I've heard about the DD, the S lines are beefy and will handle headwinds okay, and the P lines will wear into a nice distance driver.

They are both beefy (S & P-line), both handle headwinds easily, but the P-line typically has more glide and therefore more distance.

The destroyer is going to win, but the sword is awesome. Both are awesome, but do different things...depends on what you are looking for

Ok, here's where I am now—I can test the Sword and Trespass for sure, and whatever other speed 12 discs my friends might have on them. If I don't find anything I like, I think I want to try the DD Hysteria. I like the concept of layering molds, and although Destroyers would be good for that, the inconsistency could be an issue.

I see a lot of people suggesting the Tern. How stable would a Tern be? If I have to compliment it with another mold (like a Destroyer), that could be a potential downside, however, I'm not entirely against the concept.

Thanks for the input, and keep it coming.

This is actually really toughconsidering I throw Destroyers and Tresspqsses.

I had to vote Destroyer though, because I have more of them, keep more of them in the bag and use them more often. I use the fresh BioFuzion Trespass mainly as my headwind disc (though my super-OS Anthon Destroyer is pretty much taking care of that lately) so I dunno.

But Ive thrown Destroyers for longer, so they win.

Let me be the fourth to mention the Tern. Awesome glide for a non-European, and I have both molds bagged (the -4 and the -2 HSS).

Not sure what the rim dimensions were, but the lat 64 riot had a rim of a higher speed driver(above the typical speed 10). First high speed driver i can throw consistently. I played a round with a buddies disc awhile back.

By the way check out the krait. It has the same rim as a destroyer which is actually a 2.3 (I measured a bunch of both with calipers) and is straighter but still overstable at 350. Innova obviously calls the krait 11 -1,2, the destroyer 12 -1,3, and the wraith 11 -1,3 (we all know company flight ratings are a crock of **** anyway) but for those of us who throw 350 I would rate them as aj destroyer 12 0,4 krait 12 -1,3 and wraith 11 -1, 3 when thrown flat a full 350. Watch out for very domey kraits though, they are common and all the ones I've thrown were pretty much destroyers.

Shame the Gateway Slayer didn't get more votes, I use a Destroyer when trying to forehand or if there is crosswind, but normally a First Run E Slayer is my go to warp speed driver.

By the way check out the krait. It has the same rim as a destroyer which is actually a 2.3 (I measured a bunch of both with calipers) and is straighter but still overstable at 350. Innova obviously calls the krait 11 -1,2, the destroyer 12 -1,3, and the wraith 11 -1,3 (we all know company flight ratings are a crock of **** anyway) but for those of us who throw 350 I would rate them as aj destroyer 12 0,4 krait 12 -1,3 and wraith 11 -1, 3 when thrown flat a full 350. Watch out for very domey kraits though, they are common and all the ones I've thrown were pretty much destroyers.

I was actually considering the Krait as an option. I may have to give it some more thought now.

Shame the Gateway Slayer didn't get more votes, I use a Destroyer when trying to forehand or if there is crosswind, but normally a First Run E Slayer is my go to warp speed driver.

Can you give me some details on it?

The star Krait (have the halloween edition) Is straight, glidey, and has a small fade at the end.The tern can give major distance, but needs more room. And, the bio fuzion tresspass is fantastic as well. Good to throw them side by side to get a feel where to use them. All are great discs.

Idk what your distance is like but the Tern kinda depends on how much power you give it. It is defiantly not extremely flippy but has some HSS. The Key to the Tern is that it has A lot of glide and effortless distance. I do keep a D2 in the bag as well to complement but the tern is my go too and defiantly flies farther.

Latest posts