• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A couple dyes with the Saran Wrap Method.

plshrk

Eagle Member
Welp saw the NIN thread and had some discs lieing around that needed something. The Red disc I got to much dye in and I think on the pink one I got to little haha. Still fooling around with it.

6170_528768042964_52302364_31399019_5440592_n.jpg

6170_528768052944_52302364_31399020_808772_n.jpg

NICE!! Glad my NIN dye got you to try the saran wrap!

That pink disc looks SWEET! I love that the effect stays on the disc and doesn't go all the way out to the edges. The shades are great too, well done!
How long did you let the discs sit in the dye?

The Pink one I was shooting for a lighter dye so I only left it in for 2 Hours but my garage is about 100degrees right now so I am sure that sped up the process. I really appreciate you sharing your ideas and info on your technique!

I'm just curious how you guys (including the NIN dye) are doing your saran wrap dyes. What I mean is, how are you using the wrap? When I first heard about this method I tried it on a disc for my wife, and while I'm happy with how it turned out, it is very different from what I see when others do it which leads me to believe I'm doing it wrong.

The way I did it, was to lay out the saran wrap, pour just a little bit of dye into the center. Then I laid the disc in the middle, and slowly and evenly pulled the wrap a bit tighter here and there, leaving enough slack to create 'channels' and 'bumps'....but nothing like what I'm seeing here. Here is what I ended up with:

020.jpg

I'd like to get the effect I'm seeing you guys do =P Although I am happy with the 'marble' look what I did achieved....especially since it was for my wife ;) She liked it a lot.

well with mine I crinkled up the Saran wrap like crazy in the bottom and then just dribbled dye into all the crevices. Give that a try, push down the disc ever so slightly.

No, you just do not use any heat at all. You let it soak however long you want and how dark you want your dye. I let the red one soak for 5 Hours and the Pink for 2.

that recycle one is my favorite but they're all very very good, if you do throw them don't you have trouble finding them if theres any foliage on the ground what so ever?

Latest posts