• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A good way to end off the summer....

Dave720

So its my last night of summer and im ending it great. My buddies and I went to the best buffet around town, and shot the ****. It was a great time. To end off the summer great.. were playing a round of frolf tomorrow... im def putting my heart in this game !

living in houston im looking foward to winter dg
im depressed as hell that summer is over...i hate the winter, except for hunting season, and the holidays...cant stand the cold though...and yeah yeah, all you haters up north can make fun of me not liking "texas cold" but im warm blooded and would rather it be 100+ than 40 degrees ANY DAY

im depressed as hell that summer is over...i hate the winter, except for hunting season, and the holidays...cant stand the cold though...and yeah yeah, all you haters up north can make fun of me not liking "texas cold" but im warm blooded and would rather it be 100+ than 40 degrees ANY DAY

Yep, I wear shorts year round, I hate cold weather.

It happens.

I finished off summer (not officially yet though, don't we have another 20 or so days?) with a personal course record round today. I can't complain about that.

I wish I could wear shorts year round where I am at in the world but cold temps won't keep me from playing this winter.

Texas is known for a great many things: Chili, beef, football, everything being bigger, and, "Houston, we have a problem," cause cold ain't one of 'em! :p

Born and raised in Miami, moved to Detroit when I was 23. If a Florida boy can handle the cold, anyone can. It's all in:
a) what you wear
b) your state of mind

Get those two right, and you're good all the way down to single digits - for real. At that point I don't care who you are, 5 degrees above zero's freakin' cold.:eek:

It isn't winter if you can't leave ice cream outside for 24 hours and it won't get soft.

Last edited:
The official end of Summer is Labor Day. I am playing Disc Golf early that morning at Jack Brooks #1 in Hitchcock, TX. My favorite course in the area.

IMO fall golf is the best. It's usually dry and the less than serious players are no where to be seen.

Fall is great here as well.....leaves come off the trees, opening up some better looks/lines. Only problem is that when your disc goes in to a leaf pile, it takes a while to find! That's why ya throw BRIGHTER colors.

I don't get it, our course doesn't come out of the ground until the end of Oct., then I'll play the other courses that are still in the ground until it gets to about freezing temps. I guess living in the midwest, you learn to have thick skin, either that or your just addicted to dg:) It kills me not being able to play for 6 months!

i catch a hypothermia in the dairy section but i love that once the sun comes out here you dont need a jacket even if its 40-50 degrees and you got the energy to play all day and dont have to be chugging gallons of liquids .

its a good time of year to be a 3ddb since you dont need as many discs to get around the trees and dont need to bring a drink.Its feels kinda freeing to lose the bag for awhile , in the winter i like going out to mozola cause you can actually get through #5 and the turtle ponds clear enough to find your disc.

I saw this thread and almost started to weep. Summer can't be over yet, right?

And all you Texas guys lementing the onset of winter can go to hell. I just read in the paper that the midwest is supposed to have a brutally long cold winter according to the Farmer's Almanac. At least we still have the fall to disc in comfort.

Latest posts