• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Journey to 1000 Courses - You're Invited

All I can say is, "Wow, what a journey!" Congrats, and may you keep going strong! :hfive: Genuinely wish I could make it there for the occasion. Who knows, maybe I'll get to play your 1500th... or 2000th with you?:thmbup:

Congrats to both of you! I remember last year being excited that I caught back up to you while you were working, now I have no chance. :p

To Go

What, you've only played 48 states (no Alaska or Hawaii)? With all your playing, you've only played 24.1% of the US courses. So you still have plenty of "best" courses yet to see. I will be adding 10-12 courses to my barely three digit count next week.

You guys should make custom minis to celebrate the occasion and sell them to us to pay for all that gas money you've spent accomplishing this feat.

Congrats to you both, and may the next 1000 courses be even sweeter.

Congrats on the milestone. Someday hope to be there. This is what most of my dg buddies don't understand when I want to go somewhere beside the courses we always go to. Even if not rated tops I want to play every course.

I thought my courses played map was impressive.
Yours makes me want to cry. Congratulations!
DSCJNKY

Congrats in order for sure!!!! 1000 courses lucky bum!!!!!! i am stoked to just have 300, to think only 700 more to go. what an amazing feat might have to make my way down to missouri now.

First off, thanks for all of the support guys! It's been a long journey, I wouldn't have been able to do it without all of you.

I hope your dog is allowed to go underground with you....that would be a bummer if he didnt make it with you
This I do not know, I'll figure it out, the course page says no pets, I'm hoping he can at least chill in a lobby area or something.

If I could make it to Crystal City on the 30th could I join the group?
I can't guarantee that you'll be on our card, and I don't know how we'll be playing it out, but if we have a handful of people we can't all play together, especially since the course is still open to the public. But, I'd love to have you there harr, you can let your other course bagging buddy know, the more the merrier, should be a blast.

Ive played with both these guys and I have never met 2 bigger addicts to course bagging....Too bad these guys are not as addicted to reviewing and rating courses.....although both of them would probably overrate every course because they are both such positve and optimistic disc golfers. I think a bunch of us could learn from these guy's attitudes.
Something I want to accomplish this fall is organize my top 100 or so courses and write some reviews, and at least share my feelings about my favorites.

What, you've only played 48 states (no Alaska or Hawaii)? With all your playing, you've only played 24.1% of the US courses. So you still have plenty of "best" courses yet to see. I will be adding 10-12 courses to my barely three digit count next week.
Someday I hope to get to AK and HI, as well as outside of the country, I'm going to have to come up with new money making endeavors. As it stands, according to this site, I've played every top 10 course, something like 44 of the top 50, and 85 of the top 100. So there's some 'best' courses out there I still hope to play, as well as new ones going in the ground every day, plenty to keep me busy for a while.

You guys should make custom minis to celebrate the occasion and sell them to us to pay for all that gas money you've spent accomplishing this feat.

Congrats to you both, and may the next 1000 courses be even sweeter.

Custom minis I hadn't thought about, not a bad idea. I will probably sell some plastic and apparel soon that I've acquired over the last 3 years to earn some gas $$s.

that is freaking awesome! i didnt see any marks on the central coast. if you havent hit us up you could finish this trek with the 2011 worlds courses. de laveaga, csumb oaks, pinto lake, and ryan ranch

That picture speaks volumes. I haven't even hit number 50 yet, and won't for a long time thanks to my expendable income being cut nearly in half... But I'll still continue throwing on the courses I HAVE played until I've lost every disc and can't afford another.

Seriously though. This is awesome.

Congrats. I may try to join you guys but won't know til closer to it. I'll let you know

Congrats. I wish I could say that I was able to help you with your journy while you were here, but thanks to that stupid accedent I missed out on being a part of that milestone. I did get to help Dan with his journy to 1000 courses when he was here in Humboldt,, he even got an ace while we were playing together. Both of you missed out on some of our best courses while you were here, so I guess you will just have to make it back on your next trip through.

I also helped Ben Calhoun on his journy to 1000. I put him up on my coutch when he was on his year long disc golfing road trip.

Have you guys played much in central, ok? Come see us and play a few.

Congratulations to you two, that is amazing !

I think we dont even have 1000 courses in all of europe :/ Maybe one day ^^

Enjoy your rounds :D

You guys are awesome. I hope you all have blast playing your 1000th course together and wish you both the best on the rest of your journeys.