• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] A Pure for Every Distance?

I hear that^ but I often learn the most in times where I have less money to spend on discs.

Is there a disc (putter or mid) that behaves like the Latitude 64 Pure Opto but comes in 178 to 180 gram weight?

I've got my bag set except I would like a "utility disc" that behaves like the Pure but in a higher weight (the heaviest disc I'm carrying is 173g and would like to have something heavier for that stop where it drops, ain't rolling nowhere, type shots).

Thanks for any help!

TripleB

May I make a couple recommendations?

1) Reptilian Disc Golf Serpent - its a 2/2/0/0 disc low glide, goes straight stable, sits down, not affected by wind much

2) MVP Atom - its a better pure in my opinion - Electron is base and will eventually develop a slight turn , Proton is durable and there is no turn Electron Atom 4/3/-0.5/1 (with more turn as it wears) Proton 4/3/0/1

3) Axim Alias - super straight mid that just floats/sits

May I make a couple recommendations?

1) Reptilian Disc Golf Serpent - its a 2/2/0/0 disc low glide, goes straight stable, sits down, not affected by wind much

2) AXIOM PROXY- its a better pure in my opinion -

3) Axim Alias - super straight mid that just floats/sits

FTFY ;)

Is there a disc (putter or mid) that behaves like the Latitude 64 Pure Opto but comes in 178 to 180 gram weight?

I've got my bag set except I would like a "utility disc" that behaves like the Pure but in a higher weight (the heaviest disc I'm carrying is 173g and would like to have something heavier for that stop where it drops, ain't rolling nowhere, type shots).

Thanks for any help!

TripleB

If you find a disc that drops, stops, and never rolls, please let us know. We'd all love that magical disc, I am sure. :) :thmbup: :p

As to your question, my answer would be to get a Buzzz in max wt. (178-180g), and beat it in; or a Buzzz SS.

There is no better Pure, period.

No, there is, it's the MVP Atom.

:p;););)

but for reals tho, I owned 2 pures and then tried out the atom and I traded/gave away my pures. That's just my take, but....its right :p

Jokes aside, I highly recommend trying one. Proton is premium and Stable and Electron is base - the ONLY downside is the Electron does beat/bubble eventually but feels and flies amazing. its worth a shot, I really liked the pure for the feel and the idea of how it should fly, but my max weight opto was not reliable high speed stable and was not trusty in any wind. Goldline had flashing that was like razors and flight was just ok, I never owned an MVP/Axiom disc before, picked up the Atom on a whim, changed my game yo

I've put Atoms and an a Proxy in and out of my bag. The Pure just keeps coming back. Pure/Envy is the best upshot combo I have ever used. Pure is the only disc I can think of that every disc golfer should carry.

I've put Atoms and an a Proxy in and out of my bag. The Pure just keeps coming back. Pure/Envy is the best upshot combo I have ever used. Pure is the only disc I can think of that every disc golfer should carry.

Right on, I probably just had a fluke or whatever - I liked it, but for what I'm using it for the atoms are doing it for me. Its all good. Its disc golf, my bag looks nothing like my buddies bags and we shoot similar scores so. its all about how you use it.....(that's what she said) :D

If you throw a baseline putter it will stop better. Pures are glidey and in premium plastic they can keep pushing forward on the ground a bit. Plastic change will make way bigger of a difference than 5g. There's no way I would notice 5g in any aspect of a throw or flight.

If you find a disc that drops, stops, and never rolls, please let us know. We'd all love that magical disc, I am sure. :) :thmbup: :p

As to your question, my answer would be to get a Buzzz in max wt. (178-180g), and beat it in; or a Buzzz SS.

Blowflys are pretty close though I like a beat R-Pro Rhyno for this. Get a Megasoft Pure at 175 if you want to hit and stick easily. Basically softer plastic hits and sticks more, though it usually beats in faaster and once warped/puddle topped/combination of the 2, soft discs like to just drop due to having an asymmetrical shape resukting in less lift which equals less glide at least IMO, YMMV.

Thanks!

It's just that in reading many comments here about discs, I see people talking about 176g to 180g disc and how useful they are on approaches because of how they stick. Then I look at my bag with nothing over 173g and I'm thinking I might need something heavier to use as a "utility disc" when approaching the target.

I appreciate the honesty!!!

TripleB

I've seen you getting hung up on so many disc threads over the littlest details. It's clear you have a very methodical and analytical mind, but it's somewhat baffling that you're applying it to equipment and not skill.

If you've got the itch for new plastic, just buy more of pures. Then go to a field and film yourself throwing them. The cost-benefit ratio of getting a 3g heavier disc will pale in comparison.

One think about the River is that it is notoriously nose angle sensitive. If you don't keep the nose of that disc down.... She's gone!

Is this a River "problem" or a Lat 64 fairway disc problem? ie: does the say Maul have the same nose angle sensitivity problem?

Thanks!

TripleB

Latest posts