• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

a Sad day Hillcrest dgc moore county NC

360chickenwingroller

Bogey Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPW4gEO5aR4

here is a link to some ugly views on my local course

this is what it looked like last week from the same spot!

693a7bdd.jpg

sucks and sideways makes it hurt worse
(a sad day thread was a bit skeptical at first)

are you the only one who plays it? why would they do that?!

**could you even salvage any baskets or anything to offset the suck factor?

That really sucks, that was a fairly good course. Glad I got to play it before they destroyed it. I hope they kept the baskets and didn't run over them with the logging trucks.

Damn youse Little League World Series guys! Damn youse guys to hell!!!!!!!

kinda sucks, but that course needed some work. think positive. build a new, bigger, better course. with no dog walkers!

little league world series this summer (one week of parking for all the trees and good dg lines)
I'm confused. The Little League World Series is always in Williamsport, PA. Carthage NC seems about 500 miles out of the way for parking. Is it a regional or some other age class, or something like that?

LLWS

There are LLWS sites all over the place. the course in Easley, Sc plays around another. lots of regional sites, and of course it ends in Willia,sport, PA.

The one in PA is the 12 year-olds. The one in Easley, SC (this week) is the Big League World Series...i thinks it 13-14 year-olds. Then there's Dixie Youth World Series too. One of your local parks has hosted a Dixie Youth World Series and there's talk of moving the course for more parking and camping spaces.

Wow! That for sure looks like it took out 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and possibly #9. I had told the guys that built the course that the fairways could stand to lose a few trees, but my goodness man. I'm not sure where you could put the missing holes, with out them being in the wide open. Too bad they didn't chop up 18, the one hole I couldn't stand on that course.

Here's a story on the building of the ball complex.

http://www.allbusiness.com/sports-recreation/amateur-sports-youth/12655972-1.html

Pay close attention to this part.

Moore County was the only bidder on the 2011 event as the panel voted unanimously to award it the tournament.

"I still wasn't certain we'd get it," Ransom said Thursday. "They didn't have to accept our bid, I imagine they could have held off."

Stewart said officials from Laurel estimated the direct economic impact of the event is about $3.5 million.

Officials from the 2007 tournament -- held in Muscle Shoals, Ala. -- estimated the event generated about $4 million.

That's why we lose in these situations guys. We don't bring any money in.

But still, that's literally outrageous that locals have to have a recreation activity taken away because whomever is in power there wants to bring some out of towners in for something that is going to be in town for one lousy week next year. If I were you, I'd raise a big stink with your parks department, your city, and any local media you might have. Perhaps they can get you another course with all that economic impact money.

Sad. But a perspective from a longtime youth sports activist:

On the one hand, it almost certainly won't be improvements for that one week tournament. The improvements will enhance local use, and once the local DY organization has hosted a national tournament they'll hold state and regional events in the future. It'll be something of an economic boost many times over.

On the other hand, $3.5 million???? With 24 teams, thats about $10,000 for every player or coach. Families come along, but no one's spending $10,000 for a week at a baseball tournament. Mostly moderate hotels, eating out, and hanging around the sports complex.

It is a sad reminder, though, of how low on the totem pole disc golf is with most parks departments.

To top it off....the huge used car lot across the street could contain all the of the cars and buses for that one week I'm sure they did not even think of that..... it would be three times larger than the area they clear cut

3.5 mill...ha the both US opens of golf come here 2014 that would be lucky to make that.....and it has taken me over a year to get 12 hole donations (6k) for a new course

on a lighter note the baskets they riped out of the ground might be donated to the new course going in later this year...... maybe.....

Last edited:

Latest posts