• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A Short Love Affair with the Roc

rowdyray

Two weekends ago, I picked up a Pro Roc. Even though I have been playing for around a year and a half, this is the first Roc that I have ever owned. Early on, I bought a Buzz and never felt the need to grab a Roc too. However, upon the purchase of the new disc, it quickly became a favorite. I love how you can throw it almost lazer beam straight or get it to hold pretty much any line you want. Fast forward to this past weekend. The family and I take a trip to Fontana Village Resort for some rest, relaxation, and disc golf. After surving almost three days of brutal rough and treacherous ravines, I lost my beloved Roc on number fifteen. It smacked the edge of a tree and kicked sideways into some thick rough. I spent close to an hour looking for it, but alas, all I found was a brand new Champion Beast. Though the new disc did add some consolation, it could not fill the void left by the loss of my beloved Roc. :(

My condolences on your loss. Did you at least drive the Tail of the Dragon while you were there? I plan to get there someday soon myself, if only for that.

Well fortunately it wasn't a seasoned premium plastic and can be replaced with a trip to your local disc shoppe.

get a fresh kc roc, they are easy to come by. and get a nicely seasoned one from the mp here. new rocs are great but used ones are $$$.

I used to throw Rocs. I had one wonderful Ching flat top Roc that I really loved. It could do anything, and was worth its weight in gold on the course. Then I lost that particular Roc and never found another one that flew half as well. I still pick one up every now and then to throw, and am always disappointed.

Two weekends ago, I picked up a Pro Roc. Even though I have been playing for around a year and a half, this is the first Roc that I have ever owned. Early on, I bought a Buzz and never felt the need to grab a Roc too. However, upon the purchase of the new disc, it quickly became a favorite. I love how you can throw it almost lazer beam straight or get it to hold pretty much any line you want. Fast forward to this past weekend. The family and I take a trip to Fontana Village Resort for some rest, relaxation, and disc golf. After surving almost three days of brutal rough and treacherous ravines, I lost my beloved Roc on number fifteen. It smacked the edge of a tree and kicked sideways into some thick rough. I spent close to an hour looking for it, but alas, all I found was a brand new Champion Beast. Though the new disc did add some consolation, it could not fill the void left by the loss of my beloved Roc. :(

You didn't happen to see a nice Opto Flow in that rough to the right of 15, did ya? Lost it there in much the same way on Father's Day. That hole is a disc graveyard. I never found my Flow, but did find a Champ Sidewinder.

1 : just get a new one ? You said you only had it two weeks, so it can not be too beat in and must be easy to replace.

2 : dont keep found discs. it's illegal and bad karma. ( unless it has no contact info on it whatsoever... )

Latest posts