• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A young disc golfer's best round yet

KenanFlagler01

Par Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I had one of my best disc golf experiences this week, and I didn't even play. I have an awesome, rambunctious 8-year old son with special needs. He loves disc golfing with me and his two brothers. One day this week, my dad, his granddad, took him to play DG at a local course, just the two of them. Pops gave him a disc to keep, which Is like gold to him, and while on the course, a random golfer gave him another disc to keep. He was over the moon. And my dad said he got serious distance out of his backhand, flick shots, and he made a 30-foot put.

My boys and I play DG together as much as we can, usually about every other weekend, but since Thursday, my little guy has been begging to go nonstop. Thanks to my dad and the nice guy who gave him an almost new Zombee, you made a young disc golfer's day...and mine too.

refreshing when we are reminded that there are still good people out there

It's easy to forget sometimes that we're playing this game to have fun. Good reminder. Many more happy rounds to you and the family.

This is why I don't understand people that have a tantrum over a three putt/bad tree kick/spit out..
We play because we love the game and it's surrounding community. Keep it competitive, but more importantly keep it FUN!

Thanks for all the comments. My boys and I are headed out to play and try out those new discs!