• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ace Race 2010-Discraft Hornet

their facebook page just said that they will make production runs in Z plastic with weights up to 178 and that the ace race esp disc was given a stability of 2.0

their facebook page just said that they will make production runs in Z plastic with weights up to 178 and that the ace race esp disc was given a stability of 2.0

Interesting that it was rated more overstable than a Wasp...it seems to fade more, but it also a bit faster, IMO.

We'll see how the Z version flies...

Good news, just heard it on twitter lol. Maybe now I can try it. Hate using discs not in regular production. We all knew they'd call it the hornet, right?....

You guys beat us on timing for posting this info @ DGCR :thmbup:, but here's the official announcement:

Welcome to the hive, Hornet! The disc is now approved for PDGA tournament play, and Ace Race copies are legal. Please spread to the word to other Ace Race players.

Hornet will be released to the general public soon; we plan on running the production version in Z plastic with a max weight of 178 grams.

The ESP (Ace Race) version has been given a stability rating of 2.0.

http://discgolfacerace.com/

disc photo

I wonder if the Z's will be a little flatter...

I really like the idea of a faster Wasp, a mid that I can lean into, get the same distance as a Buzzz, and that will still fade out.

Nice work with the Hornet. I love it, but I still love my Z Wasp too. Don't stop making them!!!!

How does the fade compare to a Drone? I love the fade but hate the grip. Ideally it would be I between a Wasp and a Drone in terms of fade, but with good speed...am I close? I love my ESP Wasp, but want a tough more reliable fade.

Heck yeah, I've beat up one of my ace race discs pretty bad, and the other I wanted to keep nice, for niceness sake. I'll be getting a Z hornet.

Its not as "true overstable" as a Drone. Drone will fade pretty hard out of my hand. The Hornet will fly straight for a while at full power before fading out a similar amount.

this makes me very happy. the 'hornet' will def be in my bag for those windy days and hard hyzer lines. what plastic will it be regular produced in?

How does the fade compare to a Drone? I love the fade but hate the grip. Ideally it would be I between a Wasp and a Drone in terms of fade, but with good speed...am I close? I love my ESP Wasp, but want a tough more reliable fade.

if you want reliable fade in all conditions youll be solid. very HSS stable with descent, consistent fade.

I hope the Hornet becomes popular because I have a bunch of ace race protos to get rid of!

2010 Ace Race prototype approved, named:

Welcome to the hive, Hornet! The disc is now approved for PDGA tournament play, and Ace Race copies are legal. Please spread to the word to other Ace Race players.

Hornet will be released to the general public soon; we plan on running the production version in Z plastic with a max weight of 17...8 grams.

The ESP (Ace Race) version has been given a stability rating of 2.0.