• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texasissouth bag

Fall Colors to end the season for competitive play. Gonna try and go deep into form work again. I have ideas of how to improve, just need time where I'm not trying to score well.

Overall shot... fine this weekend, nothing exceptional, putting is once again carrying my game.

Contrary to everyone else's opinion I actually liked New Quarter better than Waller Mill. I understand people's qualms about holes with bad score separation, but I think just tweaking certain holes would lead to a better overall course. Any course where I roll 200' from the middle of the fairway into water is gonna leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Halo Boss
Wraith
Flippy D1
2x FX-2
Trident
F1
F2
F3
Nautilus
M2
Comet
2x PA4
4x PA3
Envy
A5
Stego

Fall Colors to end the season for competitive play. Gonna try and go deep into form work again. I have ideas of how to improve, just need time where I'm not trying to score well.

Overall shot... fine this weekend, nothing exceptional, putting is once again carrying my game.

Contrary to everyone else's opinion I actually liked New Quarter better than Waller Mill. I understand people's qualms about holes with bad score separation, but I think just tweaking certain holes would lead to a better overall course. Any course where I roll 200' from the middle of the fairway into water is gonna leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Halo Boss
Wraith
Flippy D1
2x FX-2
Trident
F1
F2
F3
Nautilus
M2
Comet
2x PA4
4x PA3
Envy
A5
Stego
I am highly stego curious, what are your thoughts on it

I am highly stego curious, what are your thoughts on it
I'm a big Stego fan and have somehow successfully pushed a bunch of friends to carry it. I don't throw it very often, but it's always nice to have. I think the best plastic for it is the soft tarpit for that hit-and-stick.
The Stego is the greatest approach crutch you could ever need, if you struggle with ranging upshots on holes with open baskets, the Stego is a godsend because you will never go past it. It's the most reliable headwind or tailwind disc ever because it will fall out of the sky. It's not quite as good for crosswinds because it goes vertical so soon so it can get pushed. You can do weird throwing flex runs at baskets you would NEVER run without fear of leaving yourself a C2 putt.
You can do shots with the Stego you couldn't do with any other disc, well maybe a Baobob. My most used shot for it is a high softer forehand shot with an almost vertical anhyzer angle, and having it pan left the whole flight, basically mimicking a backhand chip when you don't have space for a backhand. You can fit a forehand or backhand through weird gaps with knowledge that you can't overturn it and it should still go the way you want it.
My only MA1 win is from a 60' Stego sky jump putt half go.

Played a quickie at Jenkins with a friend while I was back home for Thanksgiving.
1 Fission Octane
1 Gateway Spell
1 D1
2x Gazelle
Trident
2x FX-2
2x Comet
Alien
3x Pa3
Pa4
Stego

Octane rips, the rim is huge, but it's shockingly forgiving for such a fast disc.
I lost another Gazelle after losing one last week at Dorey in the leaves. This was the star Gazelle that got stuck about 50' up in a tree while I was throwing spike hyzers trying to beat it in quicker.

I don't suppose you have any old 350g PA4's sitting around. Some big dummy (initials amazingly same as mine) walked off and left one of the only 2 they had left.

I don't suppose you have any old 350g PA4's sitting around. Some big dummy (initials amazingly same as mine) walked off and left one of the only 2 they had left.
I have 1 older 350G that has a bit of stability to it, despite it being like a 6/10 on the sleepy scale. I had a second that was out of the box pretty flippy, but I just gave it to my dad since he's started playing with some old folks in the neighborhood. I also have two 200 glow ones but the plastic is terrible, and then some newer premium ones that are flippy.
Do you have any older premium ones? Like before or right as they moved to the big stamp? I'd gladly trade. The only baseline PA4 I throw is a beat up 300 I've been using for like 5 years.

Played a quick 18 at Harmon Hills with my dad who's getting into the sport with a some of his buddies back home. Harmon Hills original 18 remains one of my favorite courses, and I don't know if they have a tournament soon or what but it's looking incredibly clean right now. They also seem to be doing some work to eliminate tweeners, which is interesting. My bag was a mess, but here it was. I've been tweaking my form slowly this winter and I finally felt like I was getting some snap/spin on drivers after half a year of not doing that. I didn't keep score, but I think I was somewhere around par.
Octane (still rips, threw an accidental throwler that went like 400')
D1
Spell
Wraith
Fx-2
Trident
F3
2x Gazelle (been getting my lost ones back which is nice)
Alien
2x Comet (also let dad throw one and he was ripping it, need to get him one as a gift)
2x A5 (I don't know why I'm carrying 2)
Envy
PA4
3x PA3

2 rounds at Gillies for Hangover Dubz. I was appropriately hungover for sure. My partner Austin and I shot -14, -14 to tie for second in MPO netting a cool $20 or so I think. Personally my play wasn't great outside of getting hole 6 long to C1 and hitting the putt for a solo Eagle.
Octane
D1
Wraith
FX-2
F3
2x Gazelle
2x Comet
A5
3x PA4
4x PA3

I'm going to be down in Charlotte for a get together with buddies next month. I doubt we'll play them all, but the tentative list is
Nevin, Hornet's Nest, Renny Gold, and Canaan Riverbend.

Anyone have opinions or suggestions on Charlotte Courses?

Bryan Park on a gorgeous Saturday, I think I shot a disappointing -5 but I was goofing off, I'm super rusty and messing with some timing things.
Octane
Glow Destroyer
400G D1
Star Starfire
FX-2
Glow Gazelle
kc pro Gazelle
M2
2x ESP Comet
Envy
Steglow
3x PA4
3x PA3
A5

Discmas 2024 in Charlotte
Played a bunch of rowdy mob golf with friends at Nevin, Hornet's Nest, and Renny Gold. Renny is still my favorite of the three despite having a couple lackluster distance holes on the back. My discmas secret santa this year got me an older x comet and the plastic actually feels incredible and it already flies like my perfectly seasoned swirly-z/cryztal comets, and I click with it way better than this LE ESP Comet I wanted to work.

Bagged (Not all at once)
Relativity (hilariously fast, I think I had one good throw with this thing)
Glow Destroyer
Wraith
D1
Megaflippy Raider
2x FX-2 (Hit a player B ace at Renny 8 which was kind of sick but didn't count)
400 F1
400 F2
Glow Gazelle
KC Pro Gazelle
Nautilus
M2
x Comet
swirly Z comet
3x PA4
Fission Envy (pretty straight)
soft proton Envy (pretty overstable)
A5
Stego
3x PA3

Start to the season at Loriella Am day.
I did horrific off the tee, I feel like I had like 4 throws I liked off the tee, just kept scrambling and making putts to save pars or bogeys and took advantage of when I got lucky looks for birdies. Somehow scraped together the worst feeling 950 rated tournament I've ever had, (-2 shorter layout, -2 longer layout). I even went to the drop zone my first hole of the tournament. Had a lot of fun with cardmates though. Found an uninked Star Corvette in the pond fishing my disc out and threw it in the bag cause it's hilarious and I threw it 540' downhill. Have to mark all discs you throw so I wrote the name Hugh Januz on it. Had only bad throws with it, but I did throw it 520-530' off the tee of 5 long into the fairway of 4.
2x Destroyer
Star Covette
D1
2x FX-2
F1 (don't think I threw this)
2xF2 (one is a roller)
Pro Gazelle (I'm actually not sure if I threw this one)
M2
Comet (Worst day I've had throwing the comet in years)
3x PA4
Envy
A5
Stego
3x PA3

Same bag for today!
Nice having my stable PA4 for the short course via NOT immediately throwing it in water on the first hole.
I was.. decently happy with my first round except for an awful double on 14. Then I played terribly round 2, just ran out of gas and my legs were toast, definitely not fully recovered from two games of ulti on friday.
shot -4 from the shorts and +3 (bleh!) from the longs to average ~ 930 golf

Same bag for today!
Nice having my stable PA4 for the short course via NOT immediately throwing it in water on the first hole.
I was.. decently happy with my first round except for an awful double on 14. Then I played terribly round 2, just ran out of gas and my legs were toast, definitely not fully recovered from two games of ulti on friday.
shot -4 from the shorts and +3 (bleh!) from the longs to average ~ 930 golf
Sounds a lot like my day other than my second round was fully horrific. Thanks for the PA4's.

Yeah my legs where pretty toasty too from mud and muck on Sat. Started one over thru 6 holes on the longs before my legs just stop working.

Casual round Tuesday and Wednesday dubs at Gillies. Didn't keep score and -9 to once again finish out of cash. Might end up playing ODCC this year unless I cash in MPO?
Time Lapse
Fx2
2x Comet
M2
A5
2x Envy
2x PA4
1 throwing PA3
3x putting PA3

I need to sneak in a hyzerflip fairway for doubles/competitive scoring