• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag and mind of a Lefty

Lefty723

Hey guys! Figured I'd post up to get some feedback, inspire, and answer any questions!

Little about me..

Years playing/experience: 2.5 years playing
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Lefty
Throwing Style: LHBH/LHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: Putters: 220/260'; Mids: 270/300'; Fairways: 300/340'; Distance Drivers: 325/375'.

Optional:
Sex: M

Injuries/handicaps?: Previous knee injury

Other sport proficiencies?: Hockey, Cycling (Downhill, Enduro, AM, BMX), Rugby, Lacrosse, most sports I pick up on almost instantly.

Additional Information: Granite installer by day, so I'm usually golfing tired after work.

What do you like/dislike about your current bag? I like that there's no real overlap and I seem to be playing better and better as of late, I don't like that I can't seem to be settled on it, ever.

Specific areas of desired feedback: I'd like some good thumber advice honestly. Last year I started throwing them for fun, turns out I could bomb Thumbers to 300 feet, this year, I can barely make 220 and not feel like I'm going to die. I have no idea what changed.

Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have a bit cleaner of a release at a slower speed, alot of short touchy upshots have a little wobble out of my hand. Being as smooth as Bradley Williams is hard. Long term, I'd like to get my consistency and mental game strong enough to try and dip into the top of Ma1 in my area. I know the potential is there, because when I'm on I play so well, but one thing off and I cant snap it fast enough.

Bag: I'll start off putters to drivers, flippy to OS.

Putting Putters;

2x - K3 Reko's - I found these in a local store, and instantly fell in love. The hand feel is great, the micro bead has been what I'm looking for this whole time. My putting has never been better, and my confidence inside of 40 feet is almost cocky..

Throwing Putters;

1x - 2021 TS Fierce - Loving it for my soft turnovers or hyzerflips in the woods.

3x - TSA Praxis, one of each plastic - I'm finding the Ethos to have the most glide out of the three, it has a touch of fade too. The Aura is the most dead straight disc I have ever thrown. It full blown replaced all my TS Luna's. Havent tried the Ethereal yet as it's just coming in the mail but I'm excited.

2x - ZSP Zone's - These two have the look of a Z Fkight Plate with an ESP wing. So I call them my ZSP's. These things are slightly less hoggish than my 4x Stock stamp was, which is perfect.

Midranges;

1x - Lucid Bounty - It's my long distance Fierce. Wish I could joke. Lol

2x - Buzzz's, 1 Z, 1 ESP - The ESP is the oldest disc in my bag, light weight at 168g, but it's dead straight. The Z is slightly stable with not a whole lot of lateral fade.

3x - Royal Line Trusts - They're all the same, short range Explorers I like to think. If you give me a 285 foot wide open Hyzer, you bet I'm reaching for one of the Trusts!

Fairway Drivers;

3x - Prodigy F5's, 1 400, 1 400G, 1 500 - The 400 is lightly seasoned, perfect for a good hyzerflip and no fade, the 400G will have a nice little S flight when I throw it on a Hyzer line, the 500 I find just stands up, goes straight, fades.

3x - Explorer's, 2 Opto, 1 Gold-X - the two Opto were seasoned via winter golf, one of them is lighter and will have a little bit of turn when thrown flat, or really try to stand up and push the Hyzer, the other Opto holds a line really well, and the Gold-X is new and fairly beefy still.

2x - Discraft Raptor's - 1 First Run, 1 Stock. The first run is seasoning up to fly a little more thunderbird-esque. The stock Z is beef.

3x Discraft Vultures, 2 Z Line, 1 ESP - Light weight Z will stand up and finish straight off a hyzer release, the heavier Z will fly close to the one opto explorer, just farther, and the ESP I just picked up and am still learning. Kind of... Forgiving so far. Lol

2x - Zeus - 1 BigZ, 1 ESP - The big Z's are something else.... Perfect amount of stability and seem to glide a little farther than the ESP, the ESP is very flat, lighter weight, and is a stable bomber for headwinds.

1x - ESP Force - This one only comes out when the wind is so strong I need to go with an Anny flex Forehand off the tee, so a strong left to right headwind I would rather try and pop it out there on a Flat line and let it work, knowing it will come back.

All in all, pretty happy with the bag now, I dont have anything super understable, which might suck a bit but I've made due so far lol

Curious, which run of 500 F5 do you throw? I bag a 400 & 400g as well, tried out a KJ 500 but it was crazy flippy. I've heard other people say theirs were stable though, so maybe I just got a bad one.

Curious, which run of 500 F5 do you throw? I bag a 400 & 400g as well, tried out a KJ 500 but it was crazy flippy. I've heard other people say theirs were stable though, so maybe I just got a bad one.

I've got the 2021 KJ Signature series, It's fairly neutral if I'm honest. It may be because the flashing hasn't been sanded off yet, but I'll be doing that tonight and then throwing to see if it affects anything.

Latest posts