• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Minimalist Bag for ‘24

Hi! Long time lurker…thought I would share my super simple bag of discs here. I love looking through this forum on down time at work.

I only throw about 300-320 feet on a good throw so I don't generally feel the need to throw a bunch of discs. I practice Marie Kondo-esc minimalism in my daily life and it's transferred to disc golf as well.

Here goes:

1 wizard
1 champion roc3
4 millennium Velas (3 champion, 1 halo)
1 champion firebird

Wizard: absolutely love this putter. I really like the pure white plastic as it has such a lovely texture as it wears in. This plastic lasts a while too, and I like the firmness of the plastic blend. I typically use it for puts and short approaches. But my roc3 covers 80% of shots inside 250 feet.

Roc3: This is my go to disc. I can throw it forehand and backhand reasonably well. The one I currently have has some flip up when thrown low and hard but always finishes left.

Millennium Vela: Holy crap do I love these! I have managed to beat some of them in a little. The first one I ever got is a 168 champion that's like a slow Valkyrie after beating it up. Like the roc3, I can throw these forehand and backhand. I don't like wider rim discs. These are absolutely perfect in flight and feel, and they're super versatile in the way they can handle a variety of shots.

Firebird: I don't use this a ton but when the wind blows in the Midwest I need something. It's just a tick more stable than my halo vela. In the strongest of headwinds the vela will flip some-this won't.

Anyway, I hope some of you enjoy this post as much as I appreciated making it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums.

I honestly adore minimalist bags like this. Having been through a 2 year long stint with minimalism, I can see how low stress a bag like this can be. Are you getting your Velas out to 300-320'?

Welcome to the Forums.

I honestly adore minimalist bags like this. Having been through a 2 year long stint with minimalism, I can see how low stress a bag like this can be. Are you getting your Velas out to 300-320'?
Thank you, and yes I am! And it is very low stress to have a bag this simple. I've had tons of discs in the past but I always gravitated to just a hand full. I frequently play 3-4 disc rounds. I just have so many velas I love I can't part with them

For me, a minimalistic loadout has to fill in my lunchbox style bag, which is about 10 discs. It's usually something like 3 putters, 3 mids, 4 fairway drivers. I know what I throw the most, so that's what fills the bag.

For me it grabbing 6 disc, hold them in my hand and working on my grip as I walk around the course while I play, by gripping them from the top. If my grip gets tired I just flip it over and cradle them.

For me it grabbing 6 disc, hold them in my hand and working on my grip as I walk around the course while I play, by gripping them from the top. If my grip gets tired I just flip it over and cradle them.
I like having a place to put my keys. I HATE putting things in my pockets