My Minimalist Bag for ‘24

Hi! Long time lurker…thought I would share my super simple bag of discs here. I love looking through this forum on down time at work.

I only throw about 300-320 feet on a good throw so I don't generally feel the need to throw a bunch of discs. I practice Marie Kondo-esc minimalism in my daily life and it's transferred to disc golf as well.

Here goes:

1 wizard
1 champion roc3
4 millennium Velas (3 champion, 1 halo)
1 champion firebird

Wizard: absolutely love this putter. I really like the pure white plastic as it has such a lovely texture as it wears in. This plastic lasts a while too, and I like the firmness of the plastic blend. I typically use it for puts and short approaches. But my roc3 covers 80% of shots inside 250 feet.

Roc3: This is my go to disc. I can throw it forehand and backhand reasonably well. The one I currently have has some flip up when thrown low and hard but always finishes left.

Millennium Vela: Holy crap do I love these! I have managed to beat some of them in a little. The first one I ever got is a 168 champion that's like a slow Valkyrie after beating it up. Like the roc3, I can throw these forehand and backhand. I don't like wider rim discs. These are absolutely perfect in flight and feel, and they're super versatile in the way they can handle a variety of shots.

Firebird: I don't use this a ton but when the wind blows in the Midwest I need something. It's just a tick more stable than my halo vela. In the strongest of headwinds the vela will flip some-this won't.

Anyway, I hope some of you enjoy this post as much as I appreciated making it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums.

I honestly adore minimalist bags like this. Having been through a 2 year long stint with minimalism, I can see how low stress a bag like this can be. Are you getting your Velas out to 300-320'?

Welcome to the Forums.

I honestly adore minimalist bags like this. Having been through a 2 year long stint with minimalism, I can see how low stress a bag like this can be. Are you getting your Velas out to 300-320'?
Thank you, and yes I am! And it is very low stress to have a bag this simple. I've had tons of discs in the past but I always gravitated to just a hand full. I frequently play 3-4 disc rounds. I just have so many velas I love I can't part with them

For me, a minimalistic loadout has to fill in my lunchbox style bag, which is about 10 discs. It's usually something like 3 putters, 3 mids, 4 fairway drivers. I know what I throw the most, so that's what fills the bag.

For me it grabbing 6 disc, hold them in my hand and working on my grip as I walk around the course while I play, by gripping them from the top. If my grip gets tired I just flip it over and cradle them.

For me it grabbing 6 disc, hold them in my hand and working on my grip as I walk around the course while I play, by gripping them from the top. If my grip gets tired I just flip it over and cradle them.
I like having a place to put my keys. I HATE putting things in my pockets